Could you guys fill in a quick thing for my Sociology homework? (No links required)

Apr 29, 2010
1)Do you have a Religion?
No

2)If yes, do you regularly attend church/equivalent?
No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
No. You can easily still be faithful to your religion without regular attendance of church or it's equivalent.

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
I can't speak on that, because it depends on who is raising the child.

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
No, they should be able to decide what they want, but at the same time, the religion of the family should not be ignored when they're younger.

6)Do you ever watch Religious television?
No

7)If yes, how often?
see above

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
Well, I would like to learn about different religions to gain a better understanding of them.

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
I haven't lived here long enough to decide on that.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Basically, I need to get some results for a sociology questionnaire regarding Religion and Spirituality. If I ask people around my area, I'm bound to get pretty much the same results, so I'd like a bit of variety.

Yes
No

Yes
No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be ?religious??
Yes
No

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
Yes
No

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
Yes
No

Yes
No

7)If yes, how often?
Every day
At least once a week
At least once a month
Once a year
Once every 2+ years

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
Yes
No

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Religious
Spiritual
Don't need a massive amount of responses, if you want to add more to your answers, feel free, but not completely needed.
Thanks in advance!
Yes

Yes

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
No

Yes

Yes

No

7)If yes, how often?

No

Spiritual

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
1. No
2. n/a
3. No
4. No (if you have to threaten a child with eternal punishment or tempt him with infinite reward to get him to do the right thing, I don't see that as a good thing).
5. No
6. No
7. n/a
8. No
9. Nobody really talks about religion or spirituality in my life. I see very little of either viewpoint (which I like).

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No
4) No
5) No
6) No
8) Yes
9) Religious

Hope this helps :3

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
No

No

No

No

No

No

Religious

In short: I'm not religious, I accept religion if people choose to believe in a God (or what not), but I am against any form of indoctrination. Children don't need religion to teach them morality. In fact, religion tells people other ways of thinking are inferior, which is the opposite of a good morality.

I hope this helped!

wottabout

May 4, 2011
Yes

No

No

Yes

No

No

7)If yes, how often?

Yes

Religious

Dieter Meyer

Jan 14, 2011
Yes

No

No

Yes

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
N/A

Yes

Religious

jprf

May 18, 2011
1 no
2 -
3 no
4 no
5 How do you mean? They should know about a variety of different religions, certainly, but as far as actually teaching them to believe a certain religion, NO! I take the Richard Dawkins point of view that this is effectively institutionalised child abuse, and that children should always be completely free to come to their own conclusions free of bias. /rant.
6 no
7 -
8 no
9 spiritual. Religion doesn't have much of a role in people's lives in the UK, and polls generally show that people are more likely to believe in a 'spirit or life force' than any particular god (though note that even this view is a minority position).

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Basically, I need to get some results for a sociology questionnaire regarding Religion and Spirituality. If I ask people around my area, I'm bound to get pretty much the same results, so I'd like a bit of variety.

Yes
No

Yes
No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be ?religious??
Yes
No

Yes
No

Yes
No

Yes
No

7)If yes, how often?
Every day
At least once a week
At least once a month
Once a year
Once every 2+ years

Yes
No

Religious
Spiritual
Don't need a massive amount of responses, if you want to add more to your answers, feel free, but not completely needed.
Thanks in advance!
1) No
2) ---
3) No
4) No
5) No
6) No
7) ---
8) No
9) Most people don't seem to be very religious.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
No

N/A

No

No

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
not at all

Never to a point I'd study it. It's interesting though

Spiritual, all we got up here is cristian or catholic
their ya go, hope it helps

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
1)No

2)--

3)No

4)Yes

5)Yes

6)No

7)--

8)Yes

9)Religious

Hope that helps.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
1) Yes.
2) No.
3) Yes.
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) No.
7) N/A.
8) Yes (I studied Theology at University).

9) Neither really, as I don't get out much, but I'd probably say Religious, mainly due to the number of Churches I recognise in my area... however does being able to identify a place of worship count as seeing a Religious point of view?
I'm siding towards Religious because of my recollection of my life here 10+ years ago, but that doesn't reflect my current, sheltered existence in which I don't have any real awareness of either point of view.