Could you kill a person?

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
If I feel it is justified, I'm sure I could. Can't accurately say one way or the other outside of the situation, but I think I could.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
If I needed to to defend myself or my friends/family, yes I could. I wouldn't enjoy it, and I'd be pretty fucked up afterwards, but I would.

Ursus Buckler

Apr 15, 2011
The urge is always there..... :)

In all seriousness, I would avoid it at all costs, but if someone was going to kill me or someone I loved I wouldn't hesitate. One less fuckhead in the world is a small sacrifice.

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
I've beaten people severely for attacking my friends before , I would gladly do it again . If someone came with a knife and threaten my friends/family/me , sure , it's me or him.

purehatred89

Jul 27, 2011
Back at school, my English teacher once said to me I was the most likely student he'd ever met to become a serial killer; I took it as a compliment.

Yes I could kill someone, but it depends. I wouldn't kill my friends or family, but I'd gladly kill a stranger or someone I dislike, however only if I could get away with it.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
I believe I could if it were to protect my family or friends, or to save another's life. But I don't know how I'd feel mentally about it, I believe I would convince myself into thinking it was for the best but still.

However, even if you think you can't mentally, you more than likely could. It would be a basic human instinct to do so, alas, I believe the ramifications in your mentality after the incident would slowly tear you apart.

Dawn Patrol

Jul 29, 2011
purehatred89 said:
Back at school, my English teacher once said to me I was the most likely student he'd ever met to become a serial killer; I took it as a compliment.

Yes I could kill someone, but it depends. I wouldn't kill my friends or family, but I'd gladly kill a stranger or someone I dislike, however only if I could get away with it.
You'd gladly kill a stranger?

Dude, why?

Dagda Mor

Jun 23, 2011
You're kidding,right?I'm pretty sure you have to be a convicted murderer to have an Escapist account,I think it was in the Terms of Use.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
At a moment's notice, yes. Didn't hesitate last time, I doubt I would now.
Like most here, though, I'd need a pretty solid reason.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
I definitely could. Especially if it was to protect someone I loved and cared about. I'll protect them at any cost, even if it was my life.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I wouldn't know, I've never been in a situation where I had to make a choice like that.
But if I could, I would not be proud of it

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Given the right circumstances, yes, certainly.

I wouldn't want to kill someone who didn't deserve it, obviously, but I wouldn't have any problem using lethal force against someone who was trying to kill me or my loved ones, for example. Or in assisting someone who wanted to die. There is a certain point after which you are committed to accepting the consequences of your actions. That's just how the world works.

Just because something is complicated, or trying, or emotionally difficult does not mean that sometimes it still needs to be done. Hiding from something that's necessary just because you're afraid of the emotional consequences is childish. It is weak, it is petty, and it is small.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Could you you kill a person? Could you both mentally and physically bring yourself to end a life? And if you did, would you be able to live with guilt over it, no matter what sort of person you killed?

I would never be able to do it, I wouldn't be able to live with guilt, and I deeply fear if it will have consequences in the afterlife (not trying to start religious debate).

No matter what side they're fighting for, or whether they're a good or bad person, I just wouldn't be able to do it.

Also, by 'could' I mean, could you make yourself do it? As in, WOULD you?
most people can kill given the chance, even you (yes you) could if you were thrown into the situation where it was needed. its just basic survival instinct. kill the threat, get to live longer.

TiloXofXTanto

Aug 18, 2010
Yes, there is no doubt in my mind that, were a person to push one of my three berserk buttons one too many times, and I were to have the means to kill them, I would kill a person.

I probably wouldn't even think about past that, I have a terrible memory and it wouldn't put any real burden on me, I've got some pretty severe berserk buttons.... well, except the third one which would likely get me some accusations of craziness.

Totenkopf

Mar 2, 2010
That mostly depends on the circumstances. HWW:
How?
Who?
Why?

Kill a person I seriously hate, with an assault rifle, from a good distance, to definitely prevent them from doing something horrible?
Without hesitation, consider it done.

Kill a person I don't know, with nothing but my fists and boots, for unknown consequences?
Rather unlikely / won't happen.

See, depending on the circumstances given, it gets more likely / unlikely if a person (not only me, assuming it works like this for most people) kills someone.

purehatred89

Jul 27, 2011
Dawn Patrol said:
purehatred89 said:

You'd gladly kill a stranger?

Dude, why?
I'm a misanthropist. I have no empathy for strangers.

Jacco

May 1, 2011
Absolutely.

If it came down to it, I'd put them down without a second thought. I grew up learning that violence is only a last resort. You don't fight people unless you intend to hurt them. I can't count the number of times in high school that someone tried to fight me and I avoided it by explaining that if it went to fists flying, he had better not be prepared to leave the fight of his own accord.

If I get involved in a violent situation, I intend to hurt the offender as quickly and efficiently as I can in order to end the confrontation. That means I'll go for throats, eyes, balls, joints, you name it. If weapons become involved, then if killing them is the fastest and most efficient way to keep them from hurting me or others, then that's how it goes.