Counter-Strike Cheater Stabbed in Brain

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Counter-Strike Cheater Stabbed in Brain

A 17-year-old Chinese boy was stabbed in the head with a knife during a fight that erupted over cheating in a match of Counter-Strike.

Counter-Strike is apparently very serious business. A game of the classic Half-Life mod turned near-deadly when a group of youths playing at an internet cafe in the province of Jilin in northern China noticed that the 17-year-old boy who was their opponent was using wall-hacks. A scuffle broke out between the accused hacker and his victims, and it turned violent - and at the end of it all, the hacker had a 30cm (~11.8in) knife through his head. The assailants fled the scene shortly after.

The boy was rushed to a hospital, where doctors decided to operate immediately. Miraculously, he survived through the operation: According to medical staff, the knife avoided major arteries that could have resulted in a fatal hemorrhage, and it also missed damaging any of the parts of the brain that deal with the body's motor control. On the other hand, it's still a foot-long blade going through the kid's brain, so while he may be alive it's impossible to think that there won't be any lasting repercussions.

However, after extracting the knife after a grueling 10-hour surgery, the doctors noticed that the blade was rusty, and so are keeping the youth under close watch in case the rust causes complications.

The internet cafe in question was reportedly popular amongst youth for not requiring ID, something that is common as China's internet laws grow increasingly draconian. With this incident drawing international attention, though, it's almost a sure bet that the owners and operators of this particular wang ba will probably find themselves in hot water.

I think we can all agree that cheaters should be punished, and knifing people in Counter-Strike is nothing new in itself, but this is taking it a bit too far.

(GamePolitics [http://www.hotbloodedgaming.com/2010/03/22/counter-strike-wall-hacker-gets-knifed-in-head/])

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Stabbed in the motherfucking Brain?! Is he high?! Why the hell would anyone do that?!

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
That is actually pretty horrifying. I mean sure, cheating is wrong, but to get into an ACTUAL physical fight over it? I am shocked.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Who in their right mind cheats at a LAN center? I've seen fights break out over this back in the day, amazed that CS still carries such weight and that people are still so serious about it.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Who the hell brings a knife that big into a damn internet cafe :|

Fuuck, well at least hes okay. But seriously, thats fucked up.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
It could have been worse... someone could have thrown a computer monitor or two at his head while yelling "Haaaaax!"

Srdjan

Mar 12, 2010
Well he was cheating, he is fault himself, certanly somebody warn him not to do that.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Who the hell brings a knife that big into a damn internet cafe :|

Fuuck, well at least hes okay. But seriously, thats fucked up.
He probably had it with him so he could run faster. I don't like cheats but I've never met a cheat who is worth going to prison for.

Was I the only one who sniggered when he read Wang Ba?

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
Damn, overreacting much? Who realistically brings a knife that big to a LAN cafe? At least he is still alive... And damn lucky!

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Holy crap, that's a terrifying x-ray. On the more serious note. I feel sorry for the kid and my heart goes out to him and his family. Hope he gets better. Finally, over-reaction much?

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
That's reassuring that his motor centers are okay, but what about the rest of him? I'd be curious to know if he had long-term personality changes (sort of like Phineas Gage's encounter with a railroad spike). Youch!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well thats certainly a new way to deal with cheaters...a bit much though if you ask me.

Obviously, the other kid had some pretty serious issues if he had the knife on him in the first place...

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
I can't help wondering how the hell you get the force necessary to shove a rusty knife blade THROUGH SOMEONE'S SKULL and through his brain and into the other side of his skull. WTF? What CounterStrike addict has this much upper body strength?