Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Brings Anti-Terrorism Back to PC and Consoles

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
MapTa said:
Oh god, please let there be no cross-platform multiplayer. Please.
Oh god, please let there be cross-platform play. I shall kick some console ass!

OT: I can't wait for it, i love css and i loved cs! I hope it doesnt have Iron sights, perks, or not hats.
It needs an awp, but make it fire anti-tank rounds covered in anthrax and gasoline.
(cookie for reference)

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
you just wait and see little idiot kids seeing the Counter Strike Global Ops trailer and calling it a Call of Duty ripoff

mark my words

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
CSS pissed me off because it's the same game that was released over five years ago (of course, many other reasons put me off the game, but that was a big one). While Valve is famous for releasing a lot of free DLC, they didn't release one new release for CSS.

So, more game modes, weapons, maps 'n' such? Bring it on.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
As a long time cs and css player, I'll definitely try this and I'm really excited. But I'm quite surprised to hear about another counter-strike game. The older ones are doing quite fine and I never thought that there really was a need for a new game. I always joked that Valve would make another cs before they make a new hl game but I never actually thought that it would happen.
Anyway, I can't wait until we get the first pics and videos at PAX. Too bad I live on a different continent and can't go there.

MapTa said:
Of course not. The only reason why Portal 2 had cross-platform multiplayer is because Portal 2 isn't a competitive game, cs on the other hand is very competitive. Valve knows that PC players have an advantage with mouse and keyboard.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Cross platform multiplayer could potentially unbalance the game.

Sorry, console players (who I'm also among), but when you're facing an opponent armed with a mouse they tend to have the edge.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
Yes! :D

Thanks Valve! Now I promise I won't ask for Half-Life 3 in the next 5 years.

SpcyhknBC

Aug 24, 2009
I love CS! Never played it online though, always lan party it with my buddies. TF2 is my current online shooter of choice. I wonder if the next iteration of HL has been axed entirely and Valve has decided to focus only on multiplayer games...

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Scizophrenic Llama said:
Team Fortress 2: War-themed hat simulator.
Counter Strike: Global Offensive: Tactical combat-themed hat simulator [http://i.imgur.com/PMAqD.jpg].

Early 2012 also means sometime in 2014, provided they don't proclaim any delays between now and then.

Still, it'll be neat to see how the game has changed.

EDIT: Added hardcore leaked photo, totally not photoshopped. I can tell, I've seen quite a few shops in my time.
Oh,I thought that was some sort of mod for CS:Source,and it's called HAT Fortress 2:

I do like that the Heavy can heal himself with chocolate though

OT:Well Gabe,you done it again,you delayed everyone's pissing and moaning over no Half Life 3 announcements,good show! Maybe you're busy making virtual hats or something,but give yourself a cookie!

shabobble

Oct 28, 2009
8-Bit Grin said:

Sorry, console players (who I'm also among), but when you're facing an opponent armed with a mouse they tend to have the edge.
At CS? I could kick a PC player's ass on my console any day.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
shabobble said:
8-Bit Grin said:
*snip* ...when you're facing an opponent armed with a mouse they tend to have the edge.
You have to keep in mind that I said they'd have an 'edge', not that it would be a flawless victory for PC gamers.

A mouse simply lends a bit more freedom to the movement of the reticule in my opinion, and I feel that it could create some problems.

shabobble

Oct 28, 2009
8-Bit Grin said:
shabobble said:
8-Bit Grin said:
*snip* ...when you're facing an opponent armed with a mouse they tend to have the edge.
You have to keep in mind that I said they'd have an 'edge', not that it would be a flawless victory for PC gamers.

A mouse simply lends a bit more freedom to the movement of the reticule in my opinion, and I feel that it could create some problems.
While you have a point in the general case, I know of a number of console players like myself that know the mechanics of Counter-Strike so well, that any wanna-be still using a PC won't be able to come close to challenging.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
shabobble said:
8-Bit Grin said:

I'm going to side with 8-bit Grin here and say you would probably be at a distinct disadvantage. Until a cross-platform game is released it's hard to say for definite though.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
MapTa said:
Don't worry, there won't be.

Unless they force PC gamers to use gamepad (very unlikely) or force console gamers to use mouse + keyboard (EVEN LESS likely) as it is so well known how imbalanced Mouse vs gamepad is it would be horrifically unfair on console gamers getting their as kicked all day.

Also, hell will freeze over before PSN and XBL will ever connect to each other, so connecting with PC is kinda redundant.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Techno Squidgy said:
shabobble said:
8-Bit Grin said:

I'm going to side with 8-bit Grin here and say you would probably be at a distinct disadvantage. Until a cross-platform game is released it's hard to say for definite though.
Shadowrun....

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
manythings said:
Could they instead remake one of the good Source projects? CS was shittiest and most boring of them all. Desert Crisis, Natural Selection, Vampire Slayer all a thousand times more ineresting and fun.
Natural Selection 2 has been in development for some time. Unknown Worlds decided to drop the Source Engine though and develop their own in-house one. If you preordered you can actually play it right now (beta though).

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Techno Squidgy said:
Elementlmage said:
Shadowrun....
I'm going to expose my ignorance here. Never heard of it. When was it released and on which platforms?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_%282007_video_game%29

There you are, have a nice read. :)

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Shadowrun was a perfect example of why cross-plat doesn't work with competitive FPS games. Something like L4D might be OK though.

I'm actually looking forward to this game a lot. All the hardcore CS players will hate it and go back to their previous version of choice, of course -- which is fine. It's not like Valve is cancelling those games and forcing everyone to play this one.