Court Dismisses PSN Banning Lawsuit

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Does this finally set a new precedent that companies are not people and should not be allowed protection as a person under the constitution?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Thank goodness. I was a bit worried that nimrod might actually win and completely screw the online aspect of consoles. Glad to see the madness has ended.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
The sad part is that this guy probably doesn't even have any mental "disabilities." He couldn't get a girlfriend in high school, so he doesn't want to go outside anymore, because people might be mean to him. :(

Then again, I suppose it's perfectly possible for someone with a social phobia to be a complete and total dick.

AssButt

Aug 25, 2009
This guy should read the text of the First Amendment and possibly figure out that a corporation cannot violate it.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
About time this one got settled. Pity it took so long.

Just goes to show, If you act like a jerk, you will get banned, NO EXCEPTIONS!

RemoteControlRox

Aug 24, 2009
Agoraphobic. Uh-huh. It wasn't just an idiot being bitter about getting banned because of something stupid he brought upon himself.

Oh well. At least it was dismissed.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
Therumancer said:
I commented on this before. Chances are the right thing was done here for the moment.

However it does raise some interesting questions about what the future might hold, especially if say The Internet, Direct Downloads, etc... becomes as indespensible as a lot
of people want and think is going to happen. Then, a company like Sony or any ISP being able to actually deny service to someone for something they simply do not like could be... interesting especially with the amount of power it would give them.
Ahh... but the internet started as a government supported program. Without the US government, it's military in particular, there would be no internet. This would raise a really good judicial pondering if ever it went to court.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
He better not come to Live.

Or I will kick some serious annoying scared wimp ass in Halo.

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
The Bandit said:
The sad part is that this guy probably doesn't even have any mental "disabilities." He couldn't get a girlfriend in high school, so he doesn't want to go outside anymore, because people might be mean to him. :(

Then again, I suppose it's perfectly possible for someone with a social phobia to be a complete and total dick.
I'm glad the case got thrown out, but that seems like something of an unfair assumption. Agoraphobia is a very real thing.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
vivaldiscool said:
The Bandit said:

I'm glad the case got thrown out, but that seems like something of an unfair assumption. Agoraphobia is a very real thing.
I knew this would happen.

Point out anywhere in my post that says agoraphobia is a fake disease. Please. Go for it.

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
People like thse shouldn't be allowed to be online.
And I hope to God he doesn't go onlin eon Xbox Live because obviously this self-righteous bastard shouldn't be allowed to further ruin the online experience for others - which is the reason why he got banned from PSN in the first place.

People like this shouldn't be allowed near a computer, a console or even people.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
vivaldiscool said:
The Bandit said:

I think that Bandit was suggesting that Mr. Estavillo was faking the agoraphobia as a legal maneuver to get the ban lifted, not that agoraphobia isn't real.

You also have to keep in mind that Estavillo used to keep a YouTube collection of his griefing before the lawsuit, wherein his misbehaviour was plain to see and not obviously the result of what would come under the legal category of "mental defect". The *blam!*tard was plainly in it to inflict suffering upon others and not to interact in any meaningfully social manner... Sony was clearly within their rights to boot him off of their network, just as any theatre employee can haul a noisy jerk out of a show (without refund) to protect the experience of everyone else in that theatre.

-- Steve

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
Distorted Stu said:
This reminds me of the case where a lesbian was banned from xbox live for stating that she was, in fact, a lesbian. Some madness rules on the online gaming community.
There, fixed that for you. Lesbians/gays/transgenders/etc. have just as much right to use XBL without fear of harassment as anyone else. Unfortunately, MS decided to appease the majority of their customers, rather than do the right thing and punish the attackers.