Crank Dat Soulja Boy: The Game In 2009

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Crank Dat Soulja Boy: The Game In 2009

Move over, Soulja Boy [http://www.50bloodonthesand.com/us/]'s getting his own piece of the gaming pie.

"Soulja Boy video game is coming for Xbox 360 in 2009", the rapper announced in an interview today [http://www.complex.com/blogs/2008/12/08/soulja-boy-talks-sneakers-arab-money-video-games/], most likely to the chagrin of the people publishing his game.

Soulja Boy revealed that it was his challenge [http://loot-ninja.com/2008/10/08/soulja-boy-calls-out-all-gamers/] to Xbox Live gamers worldwide to beat him in Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 and Gears of War that got the ball rolling on this venture. "After I put the Xbox 360 challenge up on the Internet, it was over all these video game sites," he said. "And a couple video game companies hit me up on my email because I put the email on there too."

After some brief negotiations during which companies, according to Soulja Boy, went "blah, blah, blah" and Soulja Boy in return "was like, 'Oh, snaps!'", the rapper "forwarded it to my management, and they forwarded it to my label. And now we're doing the video game."

Soulja Boy, a musician who made his career out of MySpace self-promotion and YouTube celebrity, remarked that this process of getting a video game made wasn't unfamiliar to him. "It was the same way I got signed for my music," he said. "It's like history repeating itself, but instead of music this time it's about video games."

[Via: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5104351/oh-snaps-soulja-boy-getting-his-own-game]]

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
I was about to comment that he doesn't seem to have too many details about the game itself and then I realized, does it even matter?

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
There are 6 billion people on the planet. Many of them are interesting and talented. So why is this guy so successful?

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
You know that some people will end up buying this piece of trash game.

Teleios

Aug 5, 2003
This causes me so much pain I don't even know where to begin.

It's a crappy song, he's a crappy "artist", and this is just going to be another crappy game.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Teleios said:
This causes me so much pain I don't even know where to begin.

It's a crappy "song", he's a crappy "artist", and this is just going to be another crappy "game".
Fixed. And yes, this game hurts me...

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Why do rappers think they can make a video game? They know we don't care about them right?

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
I certainly hope it is a game for people who smoke, or people who drink... just people who generally be gettin' f***ed up. I think he understands the particular market segment deeply.

~~~~~~~~~

Actually, the most entertaining possible outcome is that he makes an absolute masterpiece, but will never be able to fathom his own genius. Far more entertaining than whatever piece of should-have-been-a-free-flash-adver-game it will inevitably be...

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
damn these assholes, i think that if this jerk can make a shitty game then greenday/sum41 e.t.c should make bread!

Teleios

Aug 5, 2003
mydogisblue said:
There were companies stupid enough to e-mail this guy about making a video game?
Only the ones who cheaply make games, don't care what the final product is, and pump something out in 3 months for whatever profit margin they can get. Meaning: they are desperate.

TheDon

Apr 2, 2008
My Wittle Pony Kwest for the Pwetty Neckwess would be more deserving of success.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
Teleios said:
mydogisblue said:
There were companies stupid enough to e-mail this guy about making a video game?
Only the ones who cheaply make games, don't care what the final product is, and pump something out in 3 months for whatever profit margin they can get. Meaning: they are desperate.
oh so all of them then, he must have had a lot of e-mails ;)

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
if this game comes out i will never play videogames again....\\and soulja boy isnt a real artist rap isnt music!!

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Is it 21-12-2012 already?

This is unreal, seriously. There are no words to describe how much this hurts my gaming gland.