Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Anyone playing the new Crash game that came out Friday?
Check me for Sunday at the what are you currently playing page. I played some last night on Sunday. Fun game and loving it so far. I'll add more as I play.

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
This game, unlike literally every crash thing made in the last 20 years, looks actually like crash. It looks worth giving it a go. I never got the remake cause I played 1-3 so much as a kid I know em like the back of my hand but due to that I also didn't really care for the newer ones since they were weird or wonky. This one though, it looks good and it captures the feel of the series. I'll definitely give it a go at some point.

Last mascot platformer series I genuinely had fun with was the Jak and Daxter series (Jak 2 in particular was a ton of fun, loved that hoverboard) which was a bunch of years ago. Lets see if crash can reignite this flame.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Finished it over the weekend. The very last part of the last level is insanely difficult.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Trying to get the Relics in this game made me think, why doesn't Nintendo do their own version of Time Trials for a Mario game?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@BrawlMan Yo did you ever get a chance to give this game a shot, What did you think?
Loving it so far, but it is tough. I've taken a small break and played it on Thursday. I am in the world that is modeled after Mardi Gras. It's definitely about the be the best Crash game so far.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Loving it so far, but it is tough. I've taken a small break and played it on Thursday. I am in the world that is modeled after Mardi Gras. It's definitely about the be the best Crash game so far.
I havent played it yet. It looks good so i figured id ask you since you said you were getting it

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I'm up to the 7th world/island and it's pretty good so far. The gameplay's solid (jumping definitely feels better than the remake) and the level design is good for the most part but it's kinda annoying how the developers felt the need to make every level feel like Cold Hard Crash when it came to finding all boxes. It's not fun having to stop everytime the camera shifts and analyse every square inch of the screen for a partially visible or camouflaged box hiding in the distance.

Also does anyone else find the soundtrack really lackluster? It mostly sounds like really loose remixes of 'classic' tracks, being too similar to have any distinctive identity and too muddled to be catchy.

One thing I do love if the flashback levels. I've platinum'd about 10 so far, and while only a handful ahve been really challenging, it feels nice to enjoy a straightforward platforming challenge.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This game is a fucking asshole. The very first stage has a gem impossible to find without a guide reasonably. A hidden box that only very careful people and crash veterans will find.

The difficulty ramps up almost immediately and you would think that with modern concessions of making a platformer from scratch you would be able to fix platforming and game mechanics.

It has the fun of all the other crash games and the variety of different characters adds much more favor and depth than previous games.

So there is a lot to like about the game. But as a completionist.....fuck me and fuck crash.

Its fun. But do not bother worrying about the 100%.

Unless you are a madman