Creepy Skyrim Serial Killer Keeps Heads on Shelves

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Creepy Skyrim Serial Killer Keeps Heads on Shelves

One player brought the decapitation perk to its logical conclusion.

Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in open-ended and emergent gameplay. The designers at Bethesda have provided a fantasy sandbox where players are generally able to do whatever they wish. While some players have scoffed at not being able to murder children - and installed mods which allowed such "pedo-cide" - one player decided to turn the creep-factor up to eleven without any apparent mods. The one-handed or two-handed weapon perk decapitation performs the killing blow by cutting off the victim's head. YouTube poster "Symixable" created a video of his house which he just happened to decorate with the bodies and heads of the women he has killed in Skyrim.

The video tour of Symixable's house in what looks like Solitude (I haven't gotten there yet in my game, let me know if I'm wrong) is downright disturbing. The music certainly adds to the horror ambiance to make you feel nervous just hearing it, but I think the fact that the women are all devoid of clothing is what really puts this video into freaky serial-killer territory. Like that guy who watches the Buffalo Bill scene in Silence of the Lambs a little too often, I fear for Symixable's sanity.

I respect that a player can play any role in Skyrim, even that of a deviant killer. I just don't want this guy anywhere near me, in game or not.

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHvx0l_tVEw&feature=player_embedded]

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Christ!
I gleefully joined the Dark Brotherhood, and I STILL think that that's really friggin' creepy.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Hah!
I fucking called it!
Jonluw said:
This game lets you decapitate innocent people and carry their heads with you to store in your home where your thane (Edit: Housecarl) is honour-bound to stay with the faces of their dead friends and relatives watching them from the walls to which you have crudely nailed their heads with arrows, but when you complain that there being immortal characters in the game feels odd and artificial the answer is "You can't have the option to kill children. That's just disturbing."

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Now all we need is a mod that causes bodies to rot and decompose like they really do! That'll show that serial killer; having his house filled with rotting corpses and vermin spawned from therein will pose quite a health risk to him. Yeah.

Or not, because that would be even more disturbing than the kill-a-kid-foundation mod.

Maybe he should hollow out the heads and put candles in them. Would certainly beat pumpkins. XD

Yay for Skyrim and it's crazy creative freedom.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Greg Tito said:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in open-ended and emergent gameplay.
Oh for...

Let's try that again...

Greg Tito said:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in a good example of open-ended and emergent gameplay.
There. Now doesn't that read more like a news article and less like fanboy fuelled overstatement?

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
jurnag12 said:
Christ!
I gleefully joined the Dark Brotherhood, and I STILL think that that's really friggin' creepy.
Well, to be fair, the Dark Brotherhood is just a business, with a somewhat... unorthodox service. This, on the other hand, is... well, rather more personal. What's more, they've targeted women exclusively. Recent bad breakup, perhaps?

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
Meh, this is nothing outstanding. Friend of mine had a room full of Human Meat in Fallout 3. Imagine me opening that door for the first time in a while.

May 5, 2010
Sixcess said:
Greg Tito said:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in open-ended and emergent gameplay.
Oh for...

Let's try that again...

Greg Tito said:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in a good example of open-ended and emergent gameplay.
There. Now doesn't that read more like a news article and less like fanboy fuelled overstatement?
Ugh, I second that. It's a great game, but come on. Let's dial it back a little. It's called professionalism.

Anyway, OT: Yeah, that's pretty creepy. I usually don't like it when people do this, but seriously: Let's hope Fox News never gets their hands on this. Something tells me they wouldn't quite grasp the "he's just playing a role" argument.

Adellebella

Sep 9, 2011
That's one of the first things I've seen in these games that has really made me nervous.

...And I've played some crazy roles in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim...

At least nothing like this has shown up with the child mod activated.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
Sixcess said:
Greg Tito said:
Oh for...

Let's try that again...

Greg Tito said:

Took the text right out of my typing field. Skyrim was decent, but nowhere near the masterpiece people keep claiming it is.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
This is less disturbing than a child being killed in a dragon attack.
Not to mention children dying because of careless fireballs from the player.

That's just sick.

scoopz

Sep 15, 2011
Wait. Is there a specific way you need to attack/land a final blow on someone to decapitate them? i.e. Power attacks only result in decapitation?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Give this man a trophy! ...oh wait

Terrible joke aside, i actually laughed at this. I'm a horrible person

dead.juice

Jul 1, 2011
This reminds me of that scene from Sin City.
"He made me waaaaattccchhh!!!"

I aware that this might sound wrong, but this is very interesting roleplay. "Psychotic killer with woman's head as trophies/sex partners" is better roleplaying than "man-children who get flustered by the taunts of children".
At least we know the Psycho might has some balls in his pants.
Psychotic little balls that whisper dark things to him at night about the fragility of a woman's neck bone, but balls none-the-less.

dead.juice

Jul 1, 2011
scoopz said:
Wait. Is there a specific way you need to attack/land a final blow on someone to decapitate them? i.e. Power attacks only result in decapitation?
There is a perk that makes your power strikes decapitate your enemy.

Apr 28, 2008
Shame I can't try that out. Since the 1.2 patch broke my game, I guess I'm screwed until the next patch comes out. How is it broken? Well it completely removes all resistances on everything, and I can't absorb dragon souls. To say nothing of the now glitched-as-fuck dragons I'm experiencing.

As for the video, well I didn't even know you could pick up and carry heads around. So yeah, now I actually want to try this because I had no idea I could do it.