Critical Gaming is moving

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
City living. Ugh. I suggest moving to the country and picking up a meth habit. Don't pick up meth habit.
I wish I could move out of this fucking state tbh. I'd love to live in someplace campy like Montana or Tennessee. Maybe I can get a Moonshine habit.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I wish I could move out of this fucking state tbh. I'd love to live in someplace campy like Montana or Tennessee. Maybe I can get a Moonshine habit.
Not that I have the faintest idea how the states compare to each other, but which state? I believe alcohol is actually legal and cheap. Seems that moonshine is a bit of a pointless risk.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Dude, take this opportunity to engage with the world, go for a walk, meet your neighbours.
This is bad advice. Once you start talking to your neighbors, they just never want to stop. Then you're forever waving at them, or talking to them, or giving each other gifts and you're trapped in nightmare from which there is no escape.

@CriticalGaming There's no reason to go to extremes. You can always replay some old offline singleplayer games.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I can't wait to set up a real gaming desk, that's what has me the most excited. I'll finally have space to set shit up cleanly and set it up in a way where i don't have to navigate a bunch of chords everytime i want to play a different system.

I am gonna need a second TV though.

I should also think about a bed maybe.
I wasn't able to set things up the way I wanted until I got my own house. There's a few problems with trying to get the optimum gaming set up when you're renting.

Want to get a really big desk? It may be difficult to find room for it in the next apartment.
Want to cable manage everything perfectly? It's going to be a pain in the butt to break that down when you need to move.
Can't route your cables inside the walls. Can't make any permanent alterations to the space. A lot of apartments won't even let you change the paint.

It's kind of funny, I had a better gaming set up at my parents' house than at my own apartment because of the limitations of such an impermanent living situation.

Hopefully you're able to strike a good balance. I really do recommend that when you move in and set up your place you think about how you're going to break things down to move back out again in a year or 2. There are a couple of pieces that I bought that were an actual lifesaver with how they set up or broke down for a move (my bed in particular).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I wasn't able to set things up the way I wanted until I got my own house. There's a few problems with trying to get the optimum gaming set up when you're renting.

Want to get a really big desk? It may be difficult to find room for it in the next apartment.
Want to cable manage everything perfectly? It's going to be a pain in the butt to break that down when you need to move.
Can't route your cables inside the walls. Can't make any permanent alterations to the space. A lot of apartments won't even let you change the paint.

It's kind of funny, I had a better gaming set up at my parents' house than at my own apartment because of the limitations of such an impermanent living situation.

Hopefully you're able to strike a good balance. I really do recommend that when you move in and set up your place you think about how you're going to break things down to move back out again in a year or 2. There are a couple of pieces that I bought that were an actual lifesaver with how they set up or broke down for a move (my bed in particular).
I'm not too fancy tbh. I just have a computer desk with two monitors. One for the consoles, the other for the PC. It's pretty simply, I've basically been living out of bins and sleeping on foutons for the last 8 years while taking care of the old people in my life. Now I don't have to take care of anything but myself, but it has made me realize how little I actually have.

I bought a real bed and an actual couch, two things I never had before. It's weird. Bed feels amazing though.