Critical Miss: #17

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Dora said:
Grey Carter said:
That's a fair point. Sadly whenever we do a pure character strip people come in and say the exacty opposite, that we should stick to gaming gags.

Generally we just try to hit on what we see as important news. The whole Real Id thing seemed like it was going to be the herald of a total shift in the way we use the net. Using anonymity to get away with being rude is one of the founding freedoms of the internet.

I also really like those heckling fucking Murlocks.
You can't please all of the people all the time, nor should you try. :) I wasn't saying I disliked topical comics, so I hope I wasn't coming across as overly negative!

There's just a certain trainwreck of a webcomic out there about gaming journalism I hate already, so I was glad to see one I think is actually funny and unique.
Oh that other one? I forget the name but the artist from "count your sheep" took over didn't he?

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
This whole real name things can bring up major weirdness.

By discovering that the hot elf chick you were talking to is actually a guy ( probably a little fat and sweaty), and that the musclebound dwarf you've been argueing with is actually a girl (50% chance of being excedingly pretty), brings up awkward moments and other circumstances that would be preferably avoided.

The key to online harmony is anonymity.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
LitigationJackson said:
i lol'd hard at the comic, but please stop drawing yourself with massive muttonchops, its distracting
"Stop drawing YOURSELF with...?" Could be that you have kind of a misconception about this comic.

Twinmill5000

Nov 12, 2009
Marmooset said:
liamwazhere said:
I don't understand which direction I am suppose to read it in
The letters go from left to right.
And in manga, the panes go from right to left. Think before you call someone out for, what in your mind, is stupidity beyond comprehension.

Also, lol at the comic. My ex's name is Ashley, and she acted just like that. And she posed as a guy in WoW at one point for that very reason. >.> Ashley, I thought you deleted your female death knight... oh, I see why.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Imagined if I play WoW. If my nickname was revealed, then I would have people spelling my name wrong (like Facebook). -_-

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
Twinmill5000 said:
Marmooset said:
liamwazhere said:
I don't understand which direction I am suppose to read it in
The letters go from left to right.
And in manga, the panes go from right to left. Think before you call someone out for, what in your mind, is stupidity beyond comprehension.
I understood that he meant frames, while I meant letters.
A) It was a joke, based upon deliberate misinterpretation. I hadn't judged any poster in this thread - until now.
B) How something is done in manga is not a worthwhile basis for anything.

Now I've called someone out. Whattya think?

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Donnyp said:
LOL! thats awesome. But i must argue with this.

I would totally support this for XBL lol.​
Naturally PA blew us out of the water. The whole "Sethian nature" panel is fantastic, did in one panel what we tried to do in like 9.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
I think it is the Murlocs that made it so funny for me, great strip this week.

Biffy Cakeo

May 24, 2010
Jaredin said:
Lmao, Ashley joke. Its not to much a problem in UK, as, its pretty accepted you can be called it here, but...I hear oppositte in US...and, I think the comic proves it!

Hilarious reaction though, love it
Yeah I know 2 people called Ashley here and they are not really that big on the name but we dont tease about it. A names no big problem xD