Critical Miss: #28

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
But if you judge Lethal Weapon by Danny Glover...that's a good thing. Danny Glover was funny. And he's getting too old for this shit.

That said, so the lore of 40K really does have no females in the marines? I don't follow the series, so...

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I bet that last panel is a reference to something that I would have understood had I ever played Starcraft and not just read the comics. It was still funny, though.

Edit: Okay, maybe the reason I didn't get it is because it's not Starcraft, it's Wahammer 40k. Clearly stated. Well, I'm an idiot.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Heh, been in the middle of that arguement is always a dangerous place to be...

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
But if you judge Lethal Weapon by Danny Glover...that's a good thing. Danny Glover was funny. And he's getting too old for this shit.

That said, so the lore of 40K really does have no females in the marines? I don't follow the series, so...
Technically there are the Sisters of Battle, but they root out heretics, rogue psykers and the like. You know, those who oppose the EMPRAH!

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Meh, what do SPESS MEHRENS matter, we have the Adeptus Sororitas.
Cleanse it with fire, then burn the remains with more fire, then burn the ashes, then roll burning tires across the dust.
Then burn the planet from orbit.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
I hadn't even thought of this, but yeah...still, Warhammer Online pulled it off.

Oh, and funny comic, too. :p Critical Miss is a bit Critical Hit-or-Miss (*ducks*) at times, but always worth reading.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Well the sisters of battle are around and I'm sure they can shoehorn some all female orders into the Marines this is the 40 thousandth century surely equal rights have permitted the induction of females

Also aren't the Eldar a matriarchal society? plenty of ladeez for the game

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Brnin8 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Technically there are the Sisters of Battle, but they root out heretics, rogue psykers and the like. You know, those who oppose the EMPRAH!
You know, I think just having Sisters of Battle and classing them as female space marines might actually cause more problems (I.e. Beserk fanboyism) than just allowing female space marines.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Greyfox105 said:
Meh, what do SPESS MEHRENS matter, we have the Adeptus Sororitas.
Cleanse it with fire, then burn the remains with more fire, then burn the ashes, then roll burning tires across the dust.
True, but then every time I read about the Sisters of Battle I always think they make up for everything they're lacking by being overly zealous about purification. And stuff.

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I must be missing something... But what in blazes does Danny Glover and Lethal Weapon have to do with this comic strip??? That aside, I liked this one.

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
I'd say that's the job of the inquisition.

The only thing this comic was missing was a third faction, clothed in bright green and yelling "Waaagh!" instead of "Waaaah!". Because we all know, the Orks are the real most awesomest faction in 40k.

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
Queen Michael said:
I bet that last panel is a reference to something that I would have understood had I ever played Starcraft and not just read the comics. It was still funny, though.
No, in 40k, humanity uses warp drives to enter The Warp (Used for FTL travel), an area that is comprised of pure chaos. To protect the ship inside from the denizens of the warp, a bubble of real space is constructed before entering The Warp. This is known as a Gellar field.
"Recite the Litanies" is a reference to Techpriests, who have elevated technology to a religion.
Techpriests are in charge of preforming anything involving complex technology, and because of the religious-like knowledge of said technology, any activity surrounding constructing to activating etc. has a series of prayers and rituals.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
yeah the SoB (hahaha i just notice that acronym XD) would make a welcome addition. Plus i think the Orks would have a problem. I think they just pop out of the ground cause for the life of me i've never read about a female ork.

and WH40K MMO?!?!?! WAHT!?

P.S. Don't the Sisters of Battle have the same 2 hitpoints all Space marines have and the same firing accuracy with Bolters? and the fact they can use Bolters not as Heavy weapons mean they are Space Marines?

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
Well... there's always the Sisters of Battle.

Also, you made a typo. I'll fix that for you:

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
itf cho said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I must be missing something... But what in blazes does Danny Glover and Lethal Weapon have to do with this comic strip??? That aside, I liked this one.
Read the text outside of the strip itself...

Canadian Briton

May 1, 2010
Oh by the Goldren Throne they better not shoe horn in female space marines or Emperor forbid male sisters of battle...