Critical Miss: A Parable

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
Thanks, I could have lived without a comic about a man eating human excrement.

If I had posted this in a thread, I would have gotten probation.

QuadFish

God Damn Sorcerer
Dec 25, 2010
I can't say I've played enough RE to really know what you're getting at. Isn't RE4 meant to be like that sandwich that has some extra mayonnaise on it because the chef loves you?

On another note, seems it pays to be up at 2:00 some days :)

EDIT: That soda can seems VERY familiar...

EDIT EDIT: I totally get what my 2:00 AM past self couldn't grasp. No need to explain.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
HankMan said:
That's a new one:
It's so good, it's bad
Or it's that you got used to the shit, that when it's gone, you miss it.

Like you don't know how much you like/love/appreciate something until it's gone.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
For a resturant that only serves one dish it advertises a lot of "Daily Specials"... :p

QuadFish

God Damn Sorcerer
Dec 25, 2010
Anyway, since I'm never early enough in these comments, I'd like to take the opportunity to say that this is actually my favourite webcomic ever. Of all time. In the universe.

Spark Ignition

Sep 29, 2010
QuadFish said:
I can't say I've played enough RE to really know what you're getting at. Isn't RE4 meant to be like that sandwich that has some extra mayonnaise on it because the chef loves you?

On another note, seems it pays to be up at 2:00 some days :)
Thats the point, most people see it as RE without everything people hated about RE, and yet the fans still hated it for changing it up.

I like RE4 but it was too.... James-Bondy.
I preferred the older games like RE2 or Code V that actually had atmosphere as opposed to non-stop action.

Surely we're past arguing about RE4/vs RE original though? I mean come on, we've got good ole racist RE5 to bicker about now!

Spark Ignition

Sep 29, 2010
zHellas said:
HankMan said:
That's a new one:
It's so good, it's bad
Or it's that you got used to the shit, that when it's gone, you miss it.

Like you don't know how much you like/love/appreciate something until it's gone.

rip infinity engine....

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Something about actually showing the sandwich makes this one all the more disgusting. I love it! But I just can't seem to get the taste of turkey out of my mouth.

Also, those lips are very Groening-esque in panel 2.

QuadFish

God Damn Sorcerer
Dec 25, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
Personally, I'd have left the sandwich and eaten the totally edible crispses. But that's a different parable.
That's what happens when you yell "Screw This!" and go play Plants Vs. Zombies instead.

Mar 30, 2010
QuadFish said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Personally, I'd have left the sandwich and eaten the totally edible crispses. But that's a different parable.
That's what happens when you yell "Screw This!" and go play Plants Vs. Zombies instead.
That wouldn't be my go to game of choice, but the theory is sound.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I would have agreed more, but I didn't miss the shit at all in the 4th re game. I've played their entire spectrum,2,3,2 on 64/headdesk, survivor, dead aim, cvx, and outbreak.

The problem with 4 and 5 is that the shit isn't gone it's still there in spades, but they reformulated the shit into some kind of new shit, that in the context of a re shitsandwich, tastes yummy and new. In other towns where they don't make you eat said sandwiches you would bite into a say a re control setup shitsandwich and go, this tastes crappy, but as someone who has had to eat a diet of even shittier control S sandwiches we can say yummy.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Never did beat RE4.

Stupid scratched disc!

I was so close to the end on the Wii version, too!

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
QuadFish said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Well yeah. I mean, in this parable there is only one restaurant in the town. Fortunately there isn't only one videogame developer in the world.

Still, many people get used to going to the same restaurant regardless and ordering the same shit and turkey sandwich. Even if a new one opened up in the town, they'd still eat the same sandwich at the same restaurant. Habit.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
QuadFish said:
Grouchy Imp said:
I think it's more of a play on the fact that is has zombie and yet is not a shooter...

World at War and everything similar had zombies, but it's still a shooter.