Critical Miss: Catherine

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
this isnt my name said:
Offtopic: What is that bird in you avatar ? Its expression is... Odd.
I believe it's a tawny frogmouth.

Could be wrong though.

Apr 28, 2008
Zhukov said:
this isnt my name said:

Could be wrong though.
I always thought it was a Hawk. Or perhaps some form of owl.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Irridium said:
Zhukov said:
this isnt my name said:

Could be wrong though.
I always thought it was a Hawk. Or perhaps some form of owl.
It's a Tawny Frogmouth. Way way back in the day, back when he was Decoy Doctorpus, he put up a thread asking Australians if they were real because every picture he found of one looked photoshopped. (They are, by the way)

He's used that picture as his avatar ever since. Well, up until Critical Miss started anyway.

On topic, and back into the present, loving the new style!

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
As Yahtzee says with sure insufferable-ness(I may be quoting wrong): The term werewolf means man-wolf/wolf-man. Were is an old English word for "man". I.E. You called her a man slut.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Outside men in underwear="Bug-fuck Crazy"

Outside women in underwear="Treasure"

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Renegade-pizza said:
As Yahtzee says with sure insufferable-ness(I may be quoting wrong): The term werewolf means man-wolf/wolf-man. Were is an old English word for "man". I.E. You called her a man slut.
That's true, the meaning of were is man, but the use of that word in creatures like were-something it's contextual, meaning something like 'human-creature' as in this case 'human-slut' The word man is for its human features and not gender, as I recall being told.

EDIT: Can't help but to notice the Tri-Force tatoo missing...

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Erm, sheep? xD

Still, great comic this week, loved the axe-murderer bit xD

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Urgh76 said:
Erm, sheep? xD

Still, great comic this week, loved the axe-murderer bit xD
Yeah, in Catherine, the other guys in the dream world thing all look like sheep. I don't know for sure, but I think your character looks like a sheep to them, but I don't know.

But yeah, honestly, this isn't rocket science Vincent, do not fuck the crazy lady-child (female version of man-child). You can talk to your girlfriend, and work whatever out. If you don't stay together you don't stay together, but for God's sake, the loopy girl should not be in the equation!

I kid though, without that, there wouldn't be a game. I just get upset sometimes, when I see people making obvious mistakes in terms of relationships, because I see the results of such simple... simple mistakes all the time. Still, video games. And while I like the more cartoony approach to the speech bubbles (I think it adds a personal touch), I too am missing the "Cory Rydell and Grey Carter ________" bit.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Ah... yes, the warewhore. Men usually don't see her coming until it's too late and she's nestling her knife into their entrails. This is an important survival lesson gentlemen...

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Funny comic, but I can't say I'm on board with the new speech bubbles. They're really odd and awkward to read.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
And yet again, someone refers to Catherine (the character) as the "bad choice". Since when did standing up for what you want (sex, I guess?) and what you don't want (marriage) be a "bad decision"?

Feb 13, 2008
Xman490 said:
And yet again, someone refers to Catherine (the character) as the "bad choice". Since when did standing up for what you want (sex, I guess?) and what you don't want (marriage) be a "bad decision"?
I think when the "Sex" choice included the "Bug-Fuck Crazy" and the "Marriage" choice doesn't.

Swapping the girls around, would you still make the same choice?

The real problem is looks though. Crazy men LOOK crazy.

Crazy women...

Not so much.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Frostbite3789 said:
Funny comic, but I can't say I'm on board with the new speech bubbles. They're really odd and awkward to read.
Yeah, I agree. I had to reread a couple of those words (such as ringlets) to figure out what they said. Visual style is nice, but should not interfere with readability.

P.S. Thanks