Critical Miss: Children of Steam #1

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Oh god. Semi-Parody time.

I wouldn't be in too bad shape if Steam shutdown myself. I'm not a PC gamer.

But I did buy the Telltale complete collection during the '09 Holiday sale. So, I'd still be pissed as hell that all of those games are gone. I've invested about $200-$300 in Steam.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Good Lord! I wonder where they shall go with this series of unfortunate events!

I will watch them most attentively!

*stare*

Omega Pirate

Sep 20, 2010
If they shut down steam..... I won't be effected at all. =) Truthfully I would love to get a steam account, but there are some hurdles. My PC is old and won't run most new games, and my laptop is Mac. Steam does not yet have many Mac games on it, when it does ill get it.

So is the fat guy the director of Valve?

macfluffers

Sep 30, 2010
I'd be all right if Steam closed for a while. I do most of my gaming on consoles. But still, that would be pretty bad...

Guest_Star

Jul 25, 2010
Meh... Steam, Schmeam.
Asides from a couple of stupid titles that DEMAND I remain connected to the Steam (even if I have the actual factual retail discs) I wouldn't be affected (and that is the reason we have cracks).
Most'a my games are from GamersGate or GOG anyways.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
Omega Pirate said:
If they shut down steam..... I won't be effected at all. =) Truthfully I would love to get a steam account, but there are some hurdles. My PC is old and won't run most new games, and my laptop is Mac. Steam does not yet have many Mac games on it, when it does ill get it.

Steam has a section of mac games, also it would suck for steam to die because awesome indie games are on it and the sales they do vacuum money from my wallet at a rate of shrug, feels like I'm blowing money, and then I realized I got game after game for less than one console title.

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
This is partially why I refuse to pay more that $10 per game on Steam. If it goes boom I'm not out a whole lot of money.

Apr 28, 2008
And this is why I always make sure to have some cracks for my games handy. Because if worst comes to worst, I'll still be able to play the games I bought.

Napierdalac

Oct 3, 2010
I have 99 games on my steam account (Still waiting for which game to be number 100 - it has to be good).. Guessing i've spend like 6000 Danish Kroner (~1000 USD) on my account, if steam closed it would be known as the greatest depression.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
HankMan said:
NEWEL IS STILL A FAT BASTARD!
Yeah?! Well he's still fucking your *insert family member you're most protective of here*!

OT: Bastards, I knew all those mean jokes were keeping Episode 3 back!

(
Irridium said:
And this is why I always make sure to have some cracks for my games handy. Because if worst comes to worst, I'll still be able to play the games I bought.
They have a patch ready if Steam ever shut down.)

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
Raithnor said:
This is partially why I refuse to pay more that $10 per game on Steam. If it goes boom I'm not out a whole lot of money.
See thats what I thought too, but those 5/10/15 dollar games add up fast. If steam were to go down for good, I would have nothing to show for a bit of money. Besides, cept for going back to replay games or for the multiplayer bits, wouldn't quite be the end of the gaming world for me.

Would still rage pretty badly, Losing things permanently is never fun.

Steve Fidler

Feb 20, 2010
Omega Pirate said:

Steam has lots of games from years gone by, including a host of Sega Genesis titles and a lot of the old-style adventure games that probably ran on Windows 3.1. I doubt your PC couldn't find a few games to love from Steam.

I would be pretty hard out if Steam went down. I've invested a least a thousand dollars in Steam and I will never buy a Steam game unless it is at least 33% off because I have always felt that video games are 33% more expensive than they ought to be.