Critical Miss: Children of Steam #1

Guest_Star

Jul 25, 2010
Steve Fidler said:
I've invested a least a thousand dollars in Steam and I will never buy a Steam game unless it is at least 33% off because I have always felt that video games are 33% more expensive than they ought to be.
At least with that math you are guaranteed to come out ahead.
If games are 33% too expensive, you'd only need a price reduction of 25%.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I wouldn't have lost too much money if Steam goes down. The most expensive thing I've bought is Killing Floor for $20. Other than that I bought everything incredibly cheap (Half-Life: Source for $2.50 and Oblivion GOTYD for $8.50). Anything else I have on there was a gift (Indie Game Bundles) or were free (Alien Swarm). So I wouldn't mind that much.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Meh my laptop fails at loading and playing most games on Steam and all my gaming is done on consoles anyway, you ever try and play an FPS with a laptop mouse touchpad thingy? It takes true dedication good sir

DPunch4

May 6, 2009
Napierdalac said:
I have 99 games on my steam account (Still waiting for which game to be number 100 - it has to be good).. Guessing i've spend like 6000 Danish Kroner (~1000 USD) on my account, if steam closed it would be known as the greatest depression.
"99 games" And a ***** ai*gunshot*

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Oh god....that would be terrible. And now you need to tell me that it IS just a coincidence that there is a steam client update downloading right now.

zaro27

Apr 15, 2009
DON'T GIVE HIM ANY IDEAS! I don't think I could take it, honestly. All my gaming purchases are on Steam. I would be forced to game on a console!*

*This is not, however a dig at consoles. I simply prefer PC gaming. I still play all the console exclusives. Don't flame me, bro!

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
The detail you are all missing is I'm pretty sure authentification is not a word, and if it is, it is completely the wrong word to use in that situation.

/Grammer Nazi

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
I've often wondered what happens if Steam was to close. Would they release DRM removal kits to everyone before they closed, freeing up the games. Or would they hide behind legal stuff and try get out and leave us all to go online and look for cracks ourself.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Omega Pirate said:
If they shut down steam..... I won't be effected at all. =) Truthfully I would love to get a steam account, but there are some hurdles. My PC is old and won't run most new games, and my laptop is Mac. Steam does not yet have many Mac games on it, when it does ill get it.

So is the fat guy the director of Valve?
My hurdle is that you can use PayPal, but then you have to use a Credit Card anway. What the Fuck?

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
If Steam had a Linux port, I would greatly enjoy it and would be sad if they took it down. But alas, that day has yet to come.

You hear that, Valve? Linux port, please!

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Oh Gabe.
You are so silly.
I personally LOVE Gabe jokes.
And if Steam went down id be fine.
Now that i have an Xbox im good to go....as soon as i send it in for repairs....
[sup]its a friends old one and the disc drive wont open or close on its own, + it scratches discs easily[/sup]

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
I trust in Valve well enough. They wouldn't just go dark without giving their customers some method of accessing their game libraries (and if they didn't, I'd start a torch-bearing mob).