Critical Miss: Children of Steam #7

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Scrythe said:
Wait... Purple and gold? Gabe Newell is Ozymandias [http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/robster001/Ozymandias.png]?
I was starting to wonder if I was the only one that noticed. The thin golden headband seals the deal.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Lord_Ascendant said:
"I have no fear, I am made of steel. I am a righteous weapon built to serve. May the wings of Aquila shield me from abominations. The Emperor Protects." ~ Imperial Prayer.

Sorry, it was just kind of obligatory.
"But having a loaded bolter never hurt either."

Sorry, just saw the Ultramarine movie so I rather like that little smart ass remark the apothecary says.

Also, obligatory speech from said movie:

"You are about to receive the honor of going into combat for the first time as Ultramarines... You shall make your battle pledges upon the sacred warhammer, wielded by the greatest of our veterans; it has slain both alien and daemon alike. One day you shall be worthy of it, but until then, you shall kneel before it. We march for Maccrage! And we shall know no fear!"

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
dalek sec said:
Lord_Ascendant said:
"I have no fear, I am made of steel. I am a righteous weapon built to serve. May the wings of Aquila shield me from abominations. The Emperor Protects." ~ Imperial Prayer.

Sorry, it was just kind of obligatory.
"But having a loaded bolter never hurt either."

Sorry, just saw the Ultramarine movie so I rather like that little smart ass remark the apothecary says.

Also, obligatory speech from said movie:

"You are about to receive the honor of going into combat for the first time as Ultramarines... You shall make your battle pledges upon the sacred warhammer, wielded by the greatest of our veterans; it has slain both alien and daemon alike. One day you shall be worthy of it, but until then, you shall kneel before it. We march for Maccrage! And we shall know no fear!"
Yeah that movie was awesome. Who thought "God-Emperor" was Dune, seriously? Its Wh40k.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Lord_Ascendant said:
Yeah that movie was awesome. Who thought "God-Emperor" was Dune, seriously? Its Wh40k.
Foul heretics Brother Ascendant, foul heretics...

Is it just me or did this picture come to mind when you heard the words "God Emperor"?

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
The Cheezy One said:
For once, I am not crying "Glory to the God-Emperor!"
Wow... they even managed to wedge in a really lame Dune reference. *sigh*.
I... wow yes, I am done completely. No more negative comments, no more comments whatsoever on this series. Done, done, done, no more viewing.
-Tabs...-
Okey doke. See you on Friday.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I like the Bioshock reference, but thank God this series is ending. It's terrible.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
JUMBO PALACE said:
I like the Bioshock reference, but thank God this series is ending. It's terrible.
To you, maybe. I love it.

I'm God Newell, and my favorite class is the spy. Enjoy.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
OniaPL said:
I am sorry for the language, but holy shit, that was awesome! Andrew Ryan spoke the speech in my head...
I had to read this out loud in my best Andrew Ryan voice just to get the most out of its awesomeness, Pirate Bay replacing Communists was most lolage

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
dalek sec said:
Lord_Ascendant said:
Foul heretics Brother Ascendant, foul heretics...

Is it just me or did this picture come to mind when you heard the words "God Emperor"?

Yeah, except I have an entire Craftworld and a Tau Sept at my disposal so its more like "For the Greater Good!" or "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

Arah-nor: The Craftworld which returned from deep exile within the Eye of Terror. Once lorded over by a female Autarch who was corrupted by Khorne...it cleansed itself by way of Exterminatus. They are rebuilding their way of life upon a planet in the Segmentum Obscuruum in total silence and isolation. They lost their Avatar of Khaine, and their Phoenix Lords as well. Few survive to carry on the ways.

Al'yth: A Tau Sept of great military might. They strike from the shadows and bring swift justice on those who defy the Greater Good. Taken from the Necron long ago, this barren world now teems with shipyards, barracks and armories.

So uhm, you Adeptus Astartes go over there and play war. ;)

E-Hybrid

Jan 25, 2010
I loved the Bioshock and Dune references, but I guess the only way to defeat the God Emperor of Steam is dump water on him.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
lol just don't buy DLC...
or games that hold back half the content (cough sports games)
or buy games brand new

excellent use of that speech :]

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
You guys do all kinds of awesome. I love the subtle references thrown in, it's positively lovely.