Critical Miss: Children of Steam #7

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Irridium said:
I was expecting a Half Life 2 reference.

"You have chosen, or been chosen..."

Too obvious I guess.
I was thinking that from the first panel but oh well, we still got a BioShock reference.

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
Wow, now I wonder what other renditions of Ryan's speech there are floating around on the interwebs...
Great job though, I'm deeply impressed. Keep up the good work!

BeastofShadow

Jun 29, 2009
Lord_Ascendant said:
Yeah that movie was awesome. Who thought "God-Emperor" was Dune, seriously? Its Wh40k.
Please say that's sarcasm mate. GW got the whole God-Emperor thing from Dune. Same way nids = Alien and 'crons = Terminator.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Scrythe said:
Wait... Purple and gold? Gabe Newell is Ozymandias [http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/robster001/Ozymandias.png]?
and now I know the punchline of the next comic will be gabe newell with his arms in the air shouting, "I DID IT!"

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
I made a macro with something like this a few years ago. Unfortunately, it's on another computer.

On the other side of the Atlantic.

Which died recently.

Basically, it had the first part of the quote, and then went "'No,' said the man on IRC, 'they belong to everyone.'"

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
No says the fat man in Valve, it belongs to me, and you have to run my client, and play by my rules.
The only one who wants us to keep our games seems to be Nintendo, with hard copies and no DLC.

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
Nice reference.
Consistently decent comic. Hope your success continues.

Favourite character? Got to be 'Bro.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
I'm not sure I understand the politics behind this series. Isn't Steam an especially limited form of game ownership? When I went to college, my brother and I couldn't figure out how to handle the various games on our shared account. Valve said we couldn't transfer them no matter what proof we provided.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
BeastofShadow said:
Lord_Ascendant said:
Yeah that movie was awesome. Who thought "God-Emperor" was Dune, seriously? Its Wh40k.
Please say that's sarcasm mate. GW got the whole God-Emperor thing from Dune. Same way nids = Alien and 'crons = Terminator.
Pretty sure they were making a reference to Warhammer 40k and if you don't think so you will be slain by Eldar hands!

@dalec_sec permission to chainsword this heretic granted.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
i wonder if escapist would give permission for a game to be made based off Children of Steam

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Scrythe said:
Wait... Purple and gold? Gabe Newell is Ozymandias [http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/robster001/Ozymandias.png]?
Well yeah, they both have the same manly physique.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Your supposed to beat him to death with a golf club now...<.<

Jan 23, 2009
felixader said:
Sneaklemming said:
Erins fancy rat gets harder and harder to find you know... It's like where's wally, if wally was a pet rat belonging to an insanely cynical gaming journalist.
I think it's supposed to be a hamster. :p
It's a fancy rat - there was a comic about it.

tictactoe

Nov 30, 2010
Twilight_guy said:
No says the man who developed them I have copyright and I deserve to be paid for my hard work!

Alternately, All the pirates and hackers we look up and shout "make a game for us" and Gabe will look down and whisper "no".

I need more of this, I need Gabe's diary all Rorschach style but gaming related.
Also agreeing that it looks like Gabe is Ozymandias since it looks like he has the headband and everything but I am prepared to be wrong and disappointed.
edit: http://img5.imageshack.us/f/watchmen1116.jpg/ Yeah pretty much the exact same scene top left here as bottom right in CoS7 which makes me glee except Gabe has no Bubastis and that is saddening.