Critical Miss: Children of Steam #7

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
DoW Lowen said:
Anyone notice the building looks very similiar to the facility in The Walking Dead?
I don't think that's on purpose. I read the comic but I don't think Cory does. Come to think of it, I don't even think the facility is even in the comics.

MmmFiber

Apr 19, 2009
Just tried to read that right to left. I was very confused.

OT: Looking forward to the next one.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Grey Carter said:

A simple question.

Read Full Article
I read this comic while waiting for one of the Rift advertisements to end, and it was great how the slowly building music went with the images. Also, which one of you is the the artist? Because he definitely drew himself cooler than the writer.

Edit:
Grey Carter said:
DoW Lowen said:
Anyone notice the building looks very similiar to the facility in The Walking Dead?
I don't think that's on purpose. I read the comic but I don't think Cory does. Come to think of it, I don't even think the facility is even in the comics.
That would be Cory then. I really like his avatar.

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
Heh Bioshock.

Looking forward to the thrilling conclusion of this series. You should do series stuff more, they're really good.

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Mysnomer said:
Grey Carter said:

A simple question.

Read Full Article
I read this comic while waiting for one of the Rift advertisements to end, and it was great how the slowly building music went with the images. Also, which one of you is the the artist? Because he definitely drew himself cooler than the writer.

Yea Ive never actually seen Grey in person so i kinda filled in the blanks and since Im pretty much always busy with things I couldnt make his as personal and super cool as mine is (<-obvious hyperbole [I pretty much only wear black sweatshirts :/]). But I knew exactly how I would end up taking on the world of infected (big fan of the baseball bat and I learned to throw throwing knives for a reason) so Im just able to cartoon myself a bit better. Also, batting the head off a zombie is something I have always wanted to do. So i did.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
foxyexplosion said:
Mysnomer said:

Yea I've never actually seen Grey in person so i kinda filled in the blanks and since I'm pretty much always busy with things I couldn't make his as personal and super cool as mine is (<-obvious hyperbole [I pretty much only wear black sweatshirts :/]). But I knew exactly how I would end up taking on the world of infected (big fan of the baseball bat and I learned to throw throwing knives for a reason) so I'm just able to cartoon myself a bit better. Also, batting the head off a zombie is something I have always wanted to do. So i did.
Well, Gray's in-comic character has his own charm, and in fact I like the contrast of your sleek avatar to his more blocky form. It helps him stand out in a comic with a lot of more thinly designed people. Also, thank you for clarifying what that was only your leg. I thought it might be a pair of scissors, due to the way the handles on the knives are angled.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
If I had read this three days ago I would not have understood this at all. A friend convinced me to get Bioshock and now I get so many references I did not before -_-

Epic, can't wait for the conclusion!

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
Grey Carter said:
DoW Lowen said:
Oh I haven't read it either, but it looks very similiar to the one they end up going to in the television series.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
tictactoe said:
Twilight_guy said:
No says the man who developed them I have copyright and I deserve to be paid for my hard work!

Alternately, All the pirates and hackers we look up and shout "make a game for us" and Gabe will look down and whisper "no".

I need more of this, I need Gabe's diary all Rorschach style but gaming related.
Also agreeing that it looks like Gabe is Ozymandias since it looks like he has the headband and everything but I am prepared to be wrong and disappointed.
edit: http://img5.imageshack.us/f/watchmen1116.jpg/ Yeah pretty much the exact same scene top left here as bottom right in CoS7 which makes me glee except Gabe has no Bubastis and that is saddening.
I would have done a whole monologue but I wasn't going to put the time for a simple forum post. Maybe though.... maybe.

DeAvatar

Mar 27, 2009
is it bad that, instead of the voice of Andrew Ryan for the speech, I heard the Claptrap?

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Too bad Steam has an EULA that pretty much says the same thing, and if they want, they could take away all your games tomorrow and you couldn't do jack shit.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
nice dune reference but as i recall thats the one where everything turned batshite crazy instead of just ending
kudos tho theses are really good

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Nice. One of the greatest intros in all of gaming.

I just un-installed Steam for the third time today. I install it once a year or so to try out exclusive demos. And then a week later, I swear my computer is running worse with it installed, particularly anything involving the Internet. So I uninstall it and things are back to normal. It did a little better this year, it lasted a bit longer and wasn't quite as offensive to the smooth running of my system, but in my mind, the sooner the Steam-pocalypse comes the better.

Most of the PC demos this year felt run-of-the-mill except for Magicka. If they fix the bugs (at least I didn't see any in the demo) and more importantly remove Steam exclusivity I'd be happy to play that one. Either that or if it comes to PSN ever it would be an insta-buy.

Sep 9, 2007
Lord_Ascendant said:
Yeah that movie was awesome. Who thought "God-Emperor" was Dune, seriously? Its Wh40k.
Right, because Dune never makes reference to a God Emperor [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Emperor_of_Dune]. Also does the title of the comic look familiar [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Dune] to anyone else?

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Chapper said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I just started playing Bioshock today for the first time in a while, then this comic shows up...

Creepy...
And I literally finished Bioshock 2 30 seconds before I read this.

[sub]They're watching us...[/sub]
Nope, they're only watching you

[sub]We all are... O.O[/sub]

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
wildpeaks said:
Chapper said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I just started playing Bioshock today for the first time in a while, then this comic shows up...

Creepy...
And I literally finished Bioshock 2 30 seconds before I read this.

[sub]They're watching us...[/sub]
Nope, they're only watching you

[sub]We all are... O.O[/sub]
That's... Actually slightly unnerving. Oh well, life of the party, I suppose.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
The Eupho Guy said:
Lord_Ascendant said:
Yeah that movie was awesome. Who thought "God-Emperor" was Dune, seriously? Its Wh40k.
Right, because Dune never makes reference to a God Emperor [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Emperor_of_Dune]. Also does the title of the comic look familiar [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Dune] to anyone else?
*cough* The only good heretic is a dead one *cough*

Warhammer 40,000's Adeptus Astartes seem more of a fit for Gabe Newell than sand people or giant worms....although Gabe IS pretty big.....