Critical Miss: Connor Morgan

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
omg... Panel 2 had me laugh so hard. Summed up Connor in a nutshell there. He was a total douchebag. Love the way he has the exact same "hard stare" in every single panel.

Well played, Good Sirs.. Well played!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, now we know: Erin's rat is Picatinny-rail compatible!

[small]Seriously, you never know when knowledge like that might come in handy.[/small]

Also, more reason for me to wait until Homefront hits the $20 mark, I suppose.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Connor's so manly he maintains that same look even after being blown in half.

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
icyneesan said:
God I hated Connor. He was like a bad idea factory.

Ajna said:
Now just give me a strip about the annoyance of only getting to open one door throughout the entire campaign, and you'll have hit every annoyance in the game.

Seriously, there are probably a hundred doors, and the AI walks at about half your speed, so you have to wait on them all the damn time.
Don't forget that invisible wall that prevents you from walking ahead of them :3
It's less of an "invisible wall that prevents you from walking ahead", and more of an "invisible slip n' slide surrounding the area where the next door is, that only appears when your allies finally deign to show up".

nipsen

Sep 20, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Drummie666 said:
Yeah, the moment I heard "white phosphorus" (I haven't played homefront, only watched Tobuscus' Let's Play) I was thinking "Who am I supposed to be rooting for again? Use of that stuff in war is banned for a reason."
The straw liberal (Rianna) who quite naturally gets deliberalised when she realises the "harsh realities of war"(tm) puts up a hilarious token response
..it's much more fun to play the game when you realise that all of them are members of the "Completely Clueless Party" (CCP), rather than the traditional kind of political movement.

Seriously, though - they're put in a situation where they have the opportunity to live out their token political convictions. One is about to get shot in the lobes while praying for their life, the other becomes a fanatical murderer.

Great comic this week, by the way. Smiles and laughs.

[zonking great]

Aug 20, 2008
I agree with the first and last thingies. But the second? That wasn't Connor's fault. Hopper misfired the second round.

And why does the girl STILL HAVE SIDEBURNS?!

Nick Holmgren

Feb 13, 2010
Sir John the Net Knight said:
Maybe you guys can do a comic about what a piece of shit Magicka is?
It is more fun if you have some friends to play with and are somewhat drunk/smashed.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
only the last thing really stands IMO
they coulda (probably did) check the trucks and the whole friendly FIRE thing wasn't exactly Connor's fault(?)
the last one...well the man sure was impulsive and ruthless (reckless)

TheKwertyeweyoppe

Jan 1, 2010
TheSYLOH said:
Also.. WHY DID CONNOR HAVE TO KILL GOLIATH!

He was the only character I liked.
I have to agree, why not put the C4 on a semi trailer and tape a brick to the accelerator? I saw plenty of those. They could hold more explosives as well, and why did i need to shoot him with a conveniantly placed RPG? They could have used triggers.

Also why did the bombers need flares to see a platoon of tanks? It's a fucking bridge, not many places for them to hide. he at least could have lit the flare where he was and said here, but more forwards. and why didn't the tanks just blast his sorry ass off the edge? It seemed like they just let him run between them holding a flare and yelling 'bomb this thing!'.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
icyneesan said:

Ajna said:
Now just give me a strip about the annoyance of only getting to open one door throughout the entire campaign, and you'll have hit every annoyance in the game.

Seriously, there are probably a hundred doors, and the AI walks at about half your speed, so you have to wait on them all the damn time.
Don't forget that invisible wall that prevents you from walking ahead of them :3
Honestly, from what Ive played, I like Homefront thus far, but the fucking doors... I would make it mandatory, regardless of the context of the game, that all FPSs have to let you open doors... or at least Bad Company your way through with grenades and C4.

Nov 12, 2010
The bodies were better just solely for you having no time,the phosphorous is shiny and therefore necessary and I thought it was the main character who kicks the bucket.lol at the comic though

Nov 12, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Drummie666 said:
Yeah, the moment I heard "white phosphorus" (I haven't played homefront, only watched Tobuscus' Let's Play) I was thinking "Who am I supposed to be rooting for again? Use of that stuff in war is banned for a reason."
The straw liberal (Rianna) who quite naturally gets deliberalised when she realises the "harsh realities of war"(tm) puts up a hilarious token response every time Connor wants to do something retarded/out right unethical.

"No, Connor! This stuff is inhumane!"
"Shut up!"
"Okay..."

That pretty much sums every interaction Connor has with every character. Connor tells them to do something retarded, they protest, he tells them to do it again. They do it. This reaches ridiculous heights (pun intended) when he demands Hopper throws himself from a helicopter onto a speeding tanker.
Gotta love how the dude manages to near monkey-arm his way in though.

Nov 12, 2010
WanderingFool said:
icyneesan said:

Ajna said:

Honestly, from what Ive played, I like Homefront thus far, but the fucking doors... I would make it mandatory, regardless of the context of the game, that all FPSs have to let you open doors... or at least Bad Company your way through with grenades and C4.
I have to agree there.With that one phosphorous mission,I actually glitched past the two into the tower top and had to restart when nothing happened for 10 minutes.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
no no I stand by what I said earlier, only the third and last part was Connor's own doing/fault hahaha
specifically, the second was all Hopper's...

but his expression in this comic is making me laugh so hard I dunno why hahahaha

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
winter2 said:
omg... Panel 2 had me laugh so hard. Summed up Connor in a nutshell there. He was a total douchebag. Love the way he has the exact same "hard stare" in every single panel.

Well played, Good Sirs.. Well played!
LOL he should seriously just come back in Homefront 2 (if it happens) and just be like

"what, you think a few bombs can kill me? quit fucking around and throw yourself at those tanks over there!!!"