Critical Miss: Dark Souls

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I already know how tough that game is. Truth be told, I had no interest in the game ever since Demon's Souls came out years ago.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
So true ... I thought the game was trolling me with Anor Londo ... then I went into the Tomb of Giants *shudders*

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
I like the character setup for this game. You arrive at character customization, you spend four hours on your character's face until you have it juuuuuust right. Perfect. The way you wanted it. And then? You start the game and your face looks like hamburger. I'm talking human anatomy textbook showing the muscle layers of the face. WHAT?!

I know you can fix it, but odds are you better get used to looking at old hamburger puss.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
I concur. Had my first real RAGE moment last knight. It involves a very small catwalk, and two archers that fire spears at you. I'll let that sink in...

Dec 14, 2009
otakon17 said:
I concur. Had my first real RAGE moment last knight. It involves a very small catwalk, and two archers that fire spears at you. I'll let that sink in...
Oh man, fuck those guys!

I died so many times trying to run past the guy on the right, it was insane.

"Hey Bob, maybe we should fire arrows at that trespasser."

"Hmm, you're right Dave, but this guy looks tough..."

"You mean?..."

"Yes Dave, break out the fucking spear bows."

guise709

Feb 2, 2010
otakon17 said:
HAH I cleared that part on my first try in Anor Londo wait until you start the Demon Ruins. I'm loving the game I'm a Demons Souls vet so I'm a bit more hardened then people new to the experience although I do get into a few rough patches. That being said game is fun its a contender for rpg of the year next to Skyrim. The most rewarding experience I ever played since Demons Souls and I like the fact that it actually challenges the player.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
EverythingIncredible said:
Don't even get me started on those cheating motherfuckers with the Ring of Fog.
Is that the ring that makes you not able to lock-on to the player if so. I agree, it is soo cheap!

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
guise709 said:
otakon17 said:
HAH I cleared that part on my first try in Anor Londo wait until you start the Demon Ruins. I'm loving the game I'm a Demons Souls vet so I'm a bit more hardened then people new to the experience although I do get into a few rough patches. That being said game is fun its a contender for rpg of the year next to Skyrim. The most rewarding experience I ever played since Demons Souls and I like the fact that it actually challenges the player.
Well, goody for you. Every time I get up there, I get shot in the back and knocked off the 8 inch wide platform. So, I'm going back with Poison Arrows, killing the guy on the left THEN I can handle the guy on the right. Also, I've beaten Demon's Souls myself as well, and don't remember a part this frustrating since the second half of the Tower of Latria. What is From Software's obsession with bottomless pits?

guise709

Feb 2, 2010
otakon17 said:
guise709 said:
otakon17 said:
Well, goody for you. Every time I get up there, I get shot in the back and knocked off the 8 inch wide platform. So, I'm going back with Poison Arrows, killing the guy on the left THEN I can handle the guy on the right. Also, I've beaten Demon's Souls myself as well, and don't remember a part this frustrating since the second half of the Tower of Latria. What is From Software's obsession with bottomless pits?
What I did was use a tower shield and go for the knight on the right. The tower shield causes them to bounce off and leaves them open for attack, you can also riposte their swings albeit more difficult. The attacks I did caused him to fall off using my Iato+10 but I don't know if it was luck but the knight on the left was unable to hit me I must of been behind a wall or something. With a tower shield I found the knights easy to take care of and it should make the rest of the level cake if you pull them one at a time. Also check for mimics

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
guise709 said:
otakon17 said:
guise709 said:
otakon17 said:
snip
snip
What I did was use a tower shield and go for the knight on the right. The tower shield causes them to bounce off and leaves them open for attack, you can also riposte their swings albeit more difficult. The attacks I did caused him to fall off using my Iato+10 but I don't know if it was luck but the knight on the left was unable to hit me I must of been behind a wall or something. With a tower shield I found the knights easy to take care of and it should make the rest of the level cake if you pull them one at a time. Also check for mimics
Yeah, I know about Mimic's already. I was using a Tower Shield too, but even with high Poise and heavy gear it's the fact that their attacks push you back that keeps killing me. Regular archers, no problem. Not only that, but their attack range is ridiculous. Usually, the draw distance won't even let you SEE enemies at that range. Noticed it in Sen's Fortress.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Ha! Brilliant!
figday said:
aww geez! can someone buy me a PS3 now?! >.>
i'll be very thankful :3
You do realise it's not console exclusive anymore?
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Is the mouse feeling Erin up in the 3rd panel???
Nah, he's falling cuz she leaned forward.

Wyvulent

Jun 4, 2010
otakon17 said:
I was fighting those demon things when i saw those spears come at me, was like 'hey must be a ballista ahead'. Then i saw two random knights with bows bigger than me firing fucking spears at me. Hardest part of the game by far for me, I actually killed the right knight the first time i went up but went back for the left one and got taken out by the knockback somehow pushing me into the pit instead of the wall, rage was had.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Korten12 said:
Is that the ring that makes you not able to lock-on to the player if so. I agree, it is soo cheap!
STAY OUT OF MY FOREST!

*Ahem*

Do you guys remember the scraping spear? I was -that- guy in PvP. Really, if you don't know what that one does, I want you to go look it up and imagine the lulz that were had. XD

Well, it is very difficult, but, after you get used to the init-

otakon17 said:
Yeah, that was a lovely part. You can get those bows, though, in Anor Londo.