Critical Miss: Fear and Loathing in New Vegas

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Fear and Loathing in New Vegas

A savage journey to the heart of a half-finished sequel.

Read Full Article

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Simply brilliant.
Half way through the second panel, I just realized that you guys were going to make it into a joke about the bugginess of the game.
It was rather well thought out.

Keep it up :D

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Nice idea, but all the comic does is take references from Fear and Loathing without adding too much. I don't know, the comic has all the ingredients to be a hit, but it strangely left me cold. Maybe it's just because the Layton/Ace one was so good last time (this webcomic is really picking up). Drawings were awesome though, could have been a little more crazy for added effect (the colouring is way better than your usual stuff, nice work).

Yeah, what's the deal with eggtimers? I actually have seen scorpions do handstands...and fly 50 meters through the sky...I do enjoy the odd bit of Psycho and Hydra myself.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I see radscorpions doing that weird handstand all the time. It seems to happen to a lot of enemies when you view them from far away. No idea why it happens, since I don't remember Fallout 3 having this problem.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Oh my god! I have a stomach ache because of this comic, it's wonderful.

Also, I hate those crashes to desktop, goddammit!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:

Seriously, that was damn funny. I <3 this webcomic.
That is the cutest Picture i have seen ever =3

And good job with this comic, really amusing :)

Feb 13, 2008
As your attorney, I advise you to keep making comics this funny. It'd be a goddam miracle if Obsidian patch this before you get at least three more comics out of this.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Brotherofwill said:
Nice idea, but all the comic does is take references from Fear and Loathing without adding too much. Nothing too good going on. Drawings were awesome though, could have been a little more crazy for added effect.

Yeah, what's the deal with eggtimers? I actually have seen scorpions do handstands...and fly 50 meters through the sky...I do enjoy the odd bit of Psycho and Hydra myself.
That's all it needs to do. It's done perfectly.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
Is that a ghoul or some dude in a gimp mask?

Another good one... though I miss Stout and the gang.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Brilliant use of a classic scene to highlight this Buggy Obsidian game. Cool comic :)

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Funny as hell.
Game works like a charm for me, haven't come across bugs or crashes.
Though it's kinda of a shame that I didn't get Doc Mitchell's Exorcist head or any moonwalking dogs. :(
(judging from other people's experiences, I must be one lucky ************)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
As your attorney, I advise you to keep making comics this funny. It'd be a goddam miracle if Obsidian patch this before you get at least three more comics out of this.
Definitely, they should keep spoofing New Vegas/Fear & Loathing. There weren't nearly as many references as I thought there would be in the game.

The drug satchel joke I've heard before: in fact, I think I posted it here when FNV was announced but they should keep jabbing at those things like the egg timers, handstands, and crashes. How about the fact that speech is used a lot more.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Awesome, truely awesome and inspired. I usually don't comment on this feature but I REALLY liked this one. :)

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
I suppose I should mention that Hunter Thompson is a personal hero to help give context:

That might be the best thing I've seen all week.