Critical Miss: Fear and Loathing in New Vegas

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Exterminas said:
I have the awkward feeling that there is another movie reference in that, which I fail to grasp. The last two panels seem to hold it.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, you should go watch it.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Awesome once again! Love the Hunter Thompson-esque inversion.

Weirdly, although I experience more crashes more often in plain vanilla Fallout 3, I've still somehow escaped crippling bugs in FNV. Damned lucky, I guess!

gnarf

Aug 24, 2010
wish i could LOL with everyone, my game never started up. stupid $50 coaster.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
MrJoyless said:
What i find odd about all these "bug" issues with the newest fallout is that i have yet to experience a single issue in over 30 hours of gameplay. Are these mostly being seen on the PC version because i am playing the console version atm. If the bugs are mostly centered on the PC its not the game and more your PCs hardware, drivers, etc....
Highlighted for wrong.

The invertd head bug is an issue with the Steam version of the game having a corrupt mesh file. Nothing to do with drivers.

Neither was the fact that the Steam version decided it would be awesome to start deleting people's saves.

The handstanding scorpions and moonwalking dogs are an issue with the Gamebryo engine and are present in the console versions.

As are the numerous quest bugs including quest givers randomly turning hostile, quests not completing, people you're supposed to diagnose exploding when you enter the room, quests being impossible if you head to a certain area first etc etc.

I considerably doubt you haven't noticed a single issue. More likely you've encountered nothing game breaking enough to be noticed.

Internet Kraken said:
I see radscorpions doing that weird handstand all the time. It seems to happen to a lot of enemies when you view them from far away. No idea why it happens, since I don't remember Fallout 3 having this problem.
It's to do with how the game handles enemy orientation. You've noticed how the game runs like ass even on brand new hardware right? Well one of the ways Obsidian tried to fix this was by limiting the ammount of updates to an NPC's orientation. So when Jonny Scorpion goes down a hill it changes the angle he's at but when he hits a flat surface he'll stay at the descending angle until he gets close enough to have his orientation updated.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Contempary madness.

...awesome.

PS: you talking about my egg timer buoy..!

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
I haven't noticed any game breaking bugs, excepted for a couple of crashes. Then again, I haven't gotten to far in the game so far. until then, I am going to have a blast, curious what everyone is complaining about.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Broken Orange said:
I haven't noticed any game breaking bugs, excepted for a couple of crashes. Then again, I haven't gotten to far in the game so far. until then, I am going to have a blast, curious what everyone is complaining about.
See panels 2 and 3?

Those are all bugs I have encountered. They're about a quarter of the total bugs I've experienced and they're by far the least damaging.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Grey Carter said:
The invertd head bug is an issue with the Steam version of the game having a corrupt mesh file. Nothing to do with drivers.

Neither was the fact that the Steam version decided it would be awesome to start deleting people's saves.
*snipp'd for brevity*

So, it's clearly Valve's fault.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
That was one of the best Critical Miss comics I've seen in a while! Thankfully my Xbox 360 version of New Vegas isn't really all that buggy. With the exception of one quest bug, it's been a pretty smooth ride!

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
JEBWrench said:
Grey Carter said:

*snipp'd for brevity*

So, it's clearly Valve's fault.
Um no. Not entirely. Valve just provides the steamcloud service. It's the game developers who code the functionality. Not keeping a backup save when steamcloud is active? Bad programming.