Critical Miss: Fear and Loathing in New Vegas

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
While I do not read all of your comics, from all the ones I have read, this one is pretty much the best yet. Seriously, even aside from the Fear and Loathing reference the art looks just amazing. I think the weird coloring actaully helps it, since I feel that most of the other pages are kind of lacking in the drawing department.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Tankichi said:
That was awesome. I didn't know hunter s thompson died though.
He committed suicide in 2005. Tragic because he was a supremely gifted writer.
But he lives on in Colonel Hunter Gathers...

And if he died or something(I know about the tits part) then don't tell me!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
It is kind of sad that people think this is a movie reference. The only criticism I have would be that the art isn't "Steadman" enough. Needs more floating eyeballs.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Meh. This one was okay. Probably my least favourite so far. But I'm not trying to sound negative. Just saying.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Someone was giving these things DRINK!!!

Fucking love Hunter S.Thompson and am so glad he lives on through the Venture Bros. character Colonel Hunter Gathers.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Brings new meaning to the Thompson quote "We were right in the middle of a goddamn reptile zoo."

*Character is surrounded by deathclaws*

Jesus. I just realized you could do an entire machinima of Fear and Loathing with New Vegas, I'll have to look into that when the game is patched a bit more.

Boba Frag said:
Someone was giving these things DRINK!!!

Fucking love Hunter S.Thompson and am so glad he lives on through the Venture Bros. character Colonel Hunter Gathers.
There's a second Johnny Depp Thompson movie, the Rum Diary, coming out soon as well.

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
And yes.

In case no one mentioned it, there is already a "Fear and Loathing Pack" mod for New Vegas. Once someone ports over the advanced drug-related effects from the Fallout 3 mod list, OH BABY. It's Party Time.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35628

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1960

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
The art style in this particular comic, with the colors in particular, reminds me a lot of the show Superjail! on Adult Swim, just all the contrasts, I like it.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Hit the Nail on the head!

Although for me the Giant Radscorpions simply fly ten feet straight up and land in front of me. It was like a poisonous Deathclaw! I was calmly shooting three that had come up a hill normally, and then suddenly number four vaults (excuse the pun) over the hilltop and lands in front of me.

And the Coyotes and mongrels in my game just stretch. When they die, they can stretch across half the screen. Creepy shit that.

Groundchuck

Apr 16, 2011
Perhaps you could just push your PC into the pool... it should be noted that the movie almost plays exactly like the book reads, and the director was none other than Terry Gilliam from Monty Python (he did the animated bits and some scene work from time to time)and pretty much anything Dr. Hunter S Thompson wrote is worth a read political or otherwise, books or magazine articals its all good. He was a crazy man... a mutant, he could chew through a brick wall... and look pretty damn good doing it. Also if you like Fear and Loathing see Where the Buffalo Roam, its Bill Murry's take on playing the good doctor. (although Depp did do it better its still worth a watch) Also you tube up the interviews of Johnny Depp talking about meeting and getting to know him all very funny.
This comic is beyond good having played the game and being a gushing fan of the reference material Bravo i will read all of your comics, and for anyone who says otherwise you voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus.