Critical Miss: God Emperor of Steam #2

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Elexia said:
I really like Critical Miss as a comic series, and for the moment I'm liking this arc.

However, I prefer the strips that have the whole story on one page, when it was about game reviews or gameplay. The humour in those have been sharper and more polished. I feel isolated reading episodes like this where even though I play on Steam, I have no idea what the heck is going on. The previous one with zombies and 'bros' were also entirely lost on me.

I appreciate it must be harder coming up with the idea for a single page than a series, so I'll ride this arc out.
Yea, this arc is more or less a break from the norm for us. We just kind of wanted to do something new after all the one shots we did. The norm will continue to be the one shots with occasional two or three part series' but this is just something we thought would be fun and silly.

The premise of the arc is completely out there and unbelievable. You should just find it ridiculous and amusing for the 4 seconds or so it takes you to read it. But it just gave us a chance to get away from our more formulaic strips and into something just different and new for us.

Grimsinger

Apr 9, 2008
Looks great! Much better than last time, even if Erin hadn't emoted while being struck, the action would have been very clear. Everything loos really good, table, chairs, and such in proper perspective. though i might have given them more substance in the first panel.Keep up the good work, this one really made me laugh.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Geez, Erin's getting her ass kicked. A fork through the hand and a pair of powerful backfists is a lot more brutality than I was expecting from this comic. Fuck yea! Hope Gabe gets his comeuppance in an awesome way.
Sun Flash said:
Is it bad that the first thing I thought upon seeing the last panel was "I'm not friend, buddy!"
"I'm not your buddy, guy!"

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
AvsJoe said:
Geez, Erin's getting her ass kicked. A fork through the hand and a pair of powerful backfists is a lot more brutality than I was expecting from this comic. Fuck yea! Hope Gabe gets his comeuppance in an awesome way.
I think it's even worse because she's Canadian... Like someone cranked up the dosage on the violence for that factor alone.

KeyMaster45 said:
AvsJoe said:
Sun Flash said:
"I'm not friend, buddy!"
"I'm not your buddy, guy!"
He's not your guy, friend!
He's not your friend, bro!