Critical Miss: On Mules and Asses

Dec 14, 2009
*Looks over to PS3*

Did I miss something? Are PS3s illegal in the UK now?

Am I breaking the law playing Valkyria Chronicles? Am I going to be someone's prison *****?

I'm too British for prison!

shirin238

Aug 19, 2008
That last frame kind of scared me o_O

and indeed, since when did de PS3 become contraband in the UK?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I'm sure many more posts like this are to come, but what the hell was this all about? I dont get it

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
I beleive this is in relation to the import ban on the PS3's due to the LG-Sony patent infringement case.

kurokotetsu

Proud Master
Sep 17, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Did I miss something? Are PS3s illegal in the UK now?[/b]
I beleive Sony has some kind of patent trouble with LG in EUrope in general, so while that is settled there is an embargo on PS3. Having one is no rpobelm, but htey can't import new ones. Here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107617-LG-Tries-to-Block-Sale-of-PS3s-in-Patent-Litigation-Dispute-with-Sony] and here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.267818-LG-wins-preliminary-injunction-against-Sony-in-acrimonious-patent-battle] are te news.

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
There is news that LG has successfully obtained an injunction against Sony for its patent infringement over Blu-ray players, preventing them from importing PS3s in Europe through Amsterdam, if I'm not mistaken. Technically, they can import them from another point in Europe, but it's going to be costly.

The joke is that there could potentially be a shortage of PS3s in Europe, I think.

Apr 28, 2008
Hm... I wonder how much I could get for my PS3...

Oh, its backwards compatable with PS2 games. So yeah.

PerfectDeath

Mar 21, 2009
In Canada, we put the queen on the $20.00 which is the most commonly used bill in circulation.

But I think the "Limey" part says they are British, Canadians would have more of a "Canadian" give-away.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I'm still wincing at the thought of that. Cheers...

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
That...would be unpleasant...

BTW, I loved the Hotel California reference at the end ;)

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Once again Critical Miss proves to be the best and most topical webcomic to include a condom in it's content.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Eagles - Hotel California today. Good choice.

I was planning on getting a PS3 one day, but I'm moving into PC gaming instead. I think I made a good choice.