Critical Miss: The Board

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The Board

Submitting a game to the ESRB is like going to court and realizing the judge is Barney the Dinosaur.

Read Full Article

Apr 28, 2008
I don't know if I can cope with all the severe language in this comic. I think it needs to be censored more. My poor, sensitive ears just couldn't take it.

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
Really awesome, it's exactly like that, I always laugh when I read them. And may I notice the art improvement, too?

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Hah, that is most excellent. I hope those noble folks do their best to prevent meanies getting cursies to my ears.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Hm. I haven't read many ESRB writeups, but the one on Dante's inferno seemed rather maturely written if my memory serves me right.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
heyheysg said:
Awesome, how come they don't do the same for movies
Oh, they do. The MPAA just doesn't draw as much flak because movies can be "mature" while games still have to be "for kids" in the eyes of the retirement-home gods of public opinion.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
All the cursing the today's comic has permanently scarred my fragile psyche and I will now proceed to commit unspeakable acts of violence to innocent people. Good thing you didn't show any nudity as well, because in that case the aforementioned unspeakable acts of violence would be complemented by unspeakable acts of sexual molestation, likely simultaneously... [/sarcasm]

Ishadus

Apr 3, 2010
BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Oh man, I think this one was my favourite comic of yours to date. Nice job!

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Straying Bullet said:
Finally, we are rid of that over-redundant and boring episode of Steam.

Finally some LULZ!
Here here!

Good comic today. I like the frame asking how bad are the boo boos, and the girl has the loopy sippy straw. Her face is priceless.

May 5, 2010
Personally, I think the whole concept of "swear words" is just ridiculous. I mean, the only reason these words are considered "more offensive" then others is because WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THEM. It's a paradox. Also, no one should ever say "F you!" Clearly if you aren't willing to swear, you don't have any strong feelings on the matter, and you probably didn't need to say anything in the first place.

What? Oh, right. Uh...Good comic. Actually, to honest, one of the few I've actually laughed at, so....One of the best, I suppose.

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
Personally I always felt that the ESRB was far to... childlike in their reviews and rating of movies and video games. This just confirms every speculation I had. I also felt an extreme amount of pity when I saw them and I don't know why.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Irridium said:
I don't know if I can cope with all the severe language in this comic. I think it needs to be censored more. My poor, sensitive ears just couldn't take it.
If it was so bad your ears couldnt take more I guess its pretty bad.

OT:

ESRB sucks.

Bulletstorm was the most fun I've had in a shooter since DN3D.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
This comic is very hit and miss for me, but I'm glad to say that this one made me laugh a lot. Good job

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Critical Miss: The Board

Submitting a game to the ESRB is like going to court and realizing the judge is Barney the Dinosaur.

Read Full Article
Was that Lance or Chad on the whiteboard?

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Reading this made me think of Gamespot.....wonder why :p

We try to be considered as mature and responsible community and then somebody says "Cover your ears kiddies, daddy's gonna drop some F-bombs" provoking laughter from anyone ages 10+. Games like Bulletstorm are good example cause they tend to overuse curses to the point where it can be considered mocking or self-parody, while all the time trying to appear ironic. It ends up being boring and pathetic, like something they did to squeeze out a few extra bucks from impressionable 12 year olds. But if there's anything worse than that it's those idiots working at ESRB. Somebody should teach them the concept of reverse psychology.

EDIT: For good uses of insults and curses see "insult sword fighting" or "litany of curses".

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Yay for the end of the not-funny Steam arc. I'll miss it, but let's get back to the jokes.

Dick joke factory...10 pts.