Critical Miss: Trolling for Justice

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Oh, that was hilarious. The judge trolling. Still, he has a point on how silly this law is.

I hope to god we win this case.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
first panel: Saints Row. BOOM! I win

yeah, and i hate all trolls, especially since i have been trolled on and its not fun...

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
...Umm...wow, that actually happened? 0_0

...God, the only thing that could make this funnier is footage of the conversation. :D

General_Qwetch

Oct 26, 2009
i remember laughing at this when i was reading the transcript but this just made it 100 times more awesome.
this is one amazing comic strip i hope he somehow see's this just to see how awesome it was XD

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Great comic!

Scalia: I'm not concerned about the jury judging. I'm concerned about the producer of the games who has to know what he has to do in order to comply with the law. And you are telling me, well a jury can ? of course a jury can make up its mind, I'm sure. But a law that has criminal penalties has to be clear. And how is the manufacturer to know whether a particular violent game is covered or not?
I'm so very happy there are people who are reasonable about video games in this world.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Grey Carter said:
So this morning, California asks this Court to adopt a rule of law that permits States to restrict minors' ability to purchase deviant, violent video games that the legislature has determined can be harmful to the development -

Justice Antonin Scalia: What's a deviant ? a deviant, violent video game? As opposed to what? A normal violent video game?

Morazzini: Yes, Your Honor. Deviant would be departing from established norms.

Scalia: There are established norms of violence?

Morazzini: Well, I think if we look back -

Scalia: Some of the Grimm's fairy tales are quite grim, to tell you the truth.

Morazzini: Agreed, Your Honor. But the level of violence -

Scalia: Are they okay? Are you going to ban them, too?

Morazinni: Not at all, Your Honor.

[http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/5/5c/Tf_domination.wav]

And just think, the pain for their argument is just beginning. [http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/d/df/Heavy_revenge15_This_is_just_the_beginning_of_the_pain_I_will_cause_you.wav]

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Truth be told, it really *does* sound like that hahah. But then again...they had that Senator Yee do his trollface in responce to all the smashed controllers so...I guess tis only fair to have Scalia do one back here. :D

jokulhaups

Aug 13, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I think Supreme Court Justice is a pretty cool guy. eh maiks the law and doesnt afraid of anything...
at first i was like lol, but then i loled some moar!

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
BaldursBananaSoap said:
This makes me sick. A bunch of morons spouting "LOLMEMES xD xD xD xD xD" like it's their first time hearing it. Memes really aren't funny outside of 4chan, but I doubt any of you have been there because you'd know that spouting memes outside of it is obnoxious and annoying as fuck.
Memes become memes because they have a wide audience who can appreciate and enjoy them, thus allowing them to propagate. I won't say memes are universal, but their pretty damn close. Just because 4chan was part of it's creation doesn't restrict it from being appreciated by others.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
If this had actually happened, it would have, in one fell swoop, restored every last ounce of faith I had ever had in the American legal system.

Ah well. I'll have to content myself that at least the first half of the dialogue is completely factual.
Seconded.

We do need more socially aware judges. I love the idea of a trolling judge.
Third.

I'm glad to see this man is actually socially aware and I would have given my left arm to have him troll that bastard like that in court.

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
BaldursBananaSoap said:
This makes me sick. A bunch of morons spouting "LOLMEMES xD xD xD xD xD" like it's their first time hearing it. Memes really aren't funny outside of 4chan, but I doubt any of you have been there because you'd know that spouting memes outside of it is obnoxious and annoying as fuck.

And to think The Escapist community actually believes that it's the most intelligent corner of the internet. Thanks again for proving that you are retarded.

Hop on over to another "WAAAAA I'VE LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY EVERYONE BUT ME IS STUPID WAAAAA" thread.
Judging people on the internet: Because you are obviously superior...

You mad bro?

Unless... You are trolling people into counter-trolling on a thread about trolling... I hate recursion.

Finally a good use for trolling, making people realise just how daft their point is. More of this in the public arena please, preferably in politics.