Critical Miss: Y Ddraig Cach

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Y Ddraig Cach

In which our protagonist's terrible secret is revealed.

Read Full Article

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Although I'm living in Wales I found this stripe to be very funny!

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
...Is this actually a real thing that is happening?

I lived in Wales for 3 years and from that experience it is clear that the Welsh have no interest in being part of the Union Jack (or even the UK) the flag is never seen. As English people we are forced to use the 'British' flag because our beloved cross of St George has a nationalist stigma attached to it.

Wales is worse than Canada, they are self governed with their own budget and funds but also get tax money from England (we dont see any of theirs). and they have representatives on our parlaiment to help decide how we spend our money but English members cannot sit on the Welsh parliament (to decide how they spend our money).

I am so glad to have moved to the US. with all its problems at least we doint have to deal with this idiotic system. /rant

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
To be honest I never thought about Wales like that and wasn't aware that anyone did. Besides the sheep jokes, of course.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
crotalidian said:
Wales is worse than Canada, they are self governed with their own budget and funds but also get tax money from England (we dont see any of theirs). and they have representatives on our parlaiment to help decide how we spend our money but English members cannot sit on the Welsh parliament (to decide how they spend our money).

I am so glad to have moved to the US. with all its problems at least we doint have to deal with this idiotic system. /rant
I think you're thinking of the Scottish.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Hmm don't really get the anti Welsh, nor as a Canadian, the anti-Canadian in this strip. A bit offensive really. Why don't you go back to making strips about gaming?

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Lukeje said:
crotalidian said:

I think you're thinking of the Scottish.
Not in this case but the situation is the same with the Scottish... They already have their colours on the Union Jack though so no real argument there

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
Hehehe, I enjoyed that, not sure my girlfriend will (her being welsh and all).

And is there actually any plans to put a dragon on the flag? I can see some committee deciding the welsh want this...

Also, can it just say "Fuck Yeah" without the England part? I'd actually quite like that :)

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Haha that was good.

Oh those silly Welsh and their limp-wristed dragon of mediocrity... I shall have to find an excuse to say that to my welsh flatmate :D

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
lolz Englande

Keith K said:
I fail to see how Wales and Canada are comparable.
We've got sheep humper problems, local law enforcement does what it can, but its not looking so good for farmers.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I always found it funny how the English attitude towards the Welsh is everywhere else in Britain's attitude towards the English.