Crucible and Gordon Freeman Saved My Life

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
LonelyWizzard said:
The vitriol and and anger is baffling, and to hear of how it affected you so much you "couldn't even play any other games or watch any movies for a whole week" is something I really just can't understand.
This explains it very eloquently:

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
mrgbgonzalez said:
Couldn't have put it better myself.
I've been listening to The Miracle of Sound since its debut here at the Escapist and even when the songs are inspired by games I haven't played or just don't really like, they are prime gold... And have actually gotten me to spread the word and repost a few of them (talking a little but about the games that inspired them) on my guilds blog (shireforce.com. its all in portuguese, so... well, its there).

Its inpiring to see the passion you have for your work and the heart you put on all your songs. Wanna keep listening to many, many, MANY more in the years to come, for sure!

btw: My personal favourite is "Age of the Dragon". Power, melody, heart, emotion. This song rules a great big huge one!
Thank you very much, and happy first post :)

Dark Link

Jul 27, 2009
Said this during the Q&A you held, but you're seriously one of the coolest guys on the Internet by taking the time out to encourage and hold a dialogue with your fans, and listen to their criticisms and treat them like equals (except for the ones who don't deserve that treatment, but there's usually an amazingly snarky put-down swiftly coming their way). The way you constantly change your style, bringing something new and refreshing with every song is astounding, and while I may not like all of your songs that's simply down to personal taste as the musicianship remains at a high standard constantly.

It's excellent to hear you're doing well now and so good to hear from someone who genuinely enjoys what they do, and your success only serves to emphasise that if something is good enough, people will pay for it to support the artist.

Congratulations, keep being a happy little nerd and keep making us a community of happy little nerds.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Dark Link said:
Said this during the Q&A you held, but you're seriously one of the coolest guys on the Internet by taking the time out to encourage and hold a dialogue with your fans, and listen to their criticisms and treat them like equals (except for the ones who don't deserve that treatment, but there's usually an amazingly snarky put-down swiftly coming their way). The way you constantly change your style, bringing something new and refreshing with every song is astounding, and while I may not like all of your songs that's simply down to personal taste as the musicianship remains at a high standard constantly.

It's excellent to hear you're doing well now and so good to hear from someone who genuinely enjoys what they do, and your success only serves to emphasise that if something is good enough, people will pay for it to support the artist.

Congratulations, keep being a happy little nerd and keep making us a community of happy little nerds.
That was lovely to read, thanks :)