Crush Your Enemies, Even When They're Not Online, in War of Legends

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
This game is part of the larger clone army of shitty web pages claiming to be games that are desperately trying to convince you to go premium so they can milk their to headed cow. Meh.

The "completely free" statement from the article is incorrect by the way, since there is a way to pay real money to the developer to gain advantages over your fellow player.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
LoopyDood said:
That sounds a lot like Tribal Wars. Actually, that sounds exactly like Tribal Wars. Except Chinese.

Oh, one small mistake I noticed: "Just like RuneScape, War of Legends is a completely free, Flash game"
Runescape is a Java game, not flash.
And not completely free.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Sounds pretty cool. Especially since I like the setting. However, if I could have that game offline... Anyone knows such things? ;d

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
I'd have expected better from Jagex. This saturation of browser games needs to DIE, and for the company that claims has the most popular web-based game on the internet of all people to support this?

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Nothing new, as games goes.
Travian is based on the same basic idea; and you can lose your whole empire, wich took weeks/months to build, while you sleep.
If you join early on, you can hardy lose if you know what you are doing.
Late players are doomed to die a pointless death.
Early players can utterly and completely crush all efforts made by late players, by themsleves. Its not even hard at all... and its rewarding to do so; you steal ressources, crush their armies into paste (wich makes the next several waves of soldier encounter no resistance whatsoever AKA you are doomed if you are the victim), you might even steal their lands... permanently.
You must spend countless hours on it everyday in order to stay "competitive".

Basicaly, a huge waste of time, where you can lose everything in a heartbeat or do it to others.

Banter

Apr 1, 2009
Yep, sounds like travian.

I made an oath to never go back to that game. 33 villages was more than enough to make me give up.

For clarification for those who don't know, it wasn't as cutthroat as this sounds, when someone's attacking you're given a timer on how long they'll take to arrive (which may not be long, but you have friends help you etc). I'm assuming the attacks won't be instantaneous so you're not as defenceless as it sounds, unless you literally are defenceless in which case the general reaction is 'tough luck, you should learn to play'

My assumption: best played with a team of nice (and good) people from across the world (so you can cover different time zones) in a strong alliance.

connormcan

Apr 4, 2011
I do not usually care for games like this. I was turned off the subject by evony and tribal wars, but I like WoL for the same reason this article is criticising it. I love being able to destroy people who aren't online. I am in an alliance with two other people. One spies, the other defends our cities, and I attack. That way we can all channel our resources to one thing at a time. Every month we rotate positions.