Crysis 2 Revisited: Did Consoles Kill the PC Magic?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

I personally enjoyed the sequel for what it was, which was a scripted but well-presented *wide* linear shooter with great movement mechanics, but also parred back abilities and progression options. I’ve put dozens of hours into Crysis/Warhead replays, and only bothered replaying *some* of Crysis 2 to check out a new mod.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I enjoyed Crysis but found Crysis 2 just boring.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I wish I can launch Crysis 3 on my PC. But it refuses to start.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I played Crysis almost three times and will be playing it more in the future. Never replayed Crysis 2. Remember finding it lame.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I've gotten about an hour into it. It doesn't really seem like you're missing much.
Here's where we differ.

I have played and beaten this game before. And I actually loved it, stealth was at its best.

My problem is that I played it on this PC once, but now for some reason it refuses to launch anymore, and its entirely to do with Origin being all fucky.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No. Crysis 2 was my first Crysis game. I had fun with it. I don't own it anymore, but the game is good. Maybe not as good as 1, but still good. I know Crysis 3 gets hated for story or being too short.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
They tried to Alien/Aliens this franchise. It didn’t work. Personally it was tension that was built up from trying to escape the menace in 1 that did it. The PRK first half was fine, a little boring, and you could take that at your leisure. That doesn’t provide tension. Not so when you’re being gradually hunted down to extinction