Crytek Boss Says Visuals Are "60% of the Game"

Virgilthepagan

May 15, 2010
I guess he's right as far as Crytek's concerned? They kind of made their name creating incredibly pretty games, and it seems to be working alright for them. What makes me raise my eyebrows is the direction those games have gone. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed switching the original Crysis to hard mode and discovering the guards now spoke Korean. It was such a fun little detail that made the experience so much more compelling. Graphics did help sell me on the world, but that's the snippet of gameplay I still remember fondly.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
60%? That's a bit much. Story isn't as important, definitely, but I wouldn't play a game like Crysis if I didn't enjoy the gameplay. I don't play Crysis, but the main thing that makes me want to is the curiosity as to what the Developer that now owns the Timesplitters IP's been doin', and whether they'll do TS4 justice if it's ever released.

el_kabong said:
This is probably why I've never been 100% positive about a Crytek game.
^And this is probably why I haven't actually gotten round to playing Crytek games, yet.

As for graphics, not all that interested. I didn't replay Timesplitters 2 and 3 because they looked nice, it's because it's genuinely fun playing the game and unlocking the characters. I didn't get a PS2 emulator (entirely) because "I wanted to see the game on 6x Resolution and nerdgasm", it's because I just sometimes I get the urge to play a quick couple rounds of Arcade mode and set some snowmen on FIRE!! "I'm melting!" PSSSUUUIII*, motherfuckers! PSSSUUUIIII!!!

*headsprouter noises