Crytek Invades Homefront Sequel, Ousting Kaos

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Crytek? This is somewhat good news.
Irridium said:
Give it to the Men of War guys and make it an RTS. That'd be bitchin'.
Seconded, and a Relic RTS would seriously kick ass. They need to do another war RTS.

ScrubberDucky

Feb 17, 2011
Homefront's biggest failing was trying to sell an FPS on the story. It's like trying to sell an RTS on the amount of units you can select at once. I can see where they were going with it, but even if the story was solid gold and made you shed tears of gold, it wouldn't make up for the adequate, but generic gunplay. Then again, that's Crytek's strong point, gameplay. So why not, hey? I'll keep my eye on it at least.

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
mattaui said:
And yes, while there's never really been a united Europe, it's been trying to play act as being one with a single currency and EU constitution that's vastly unpopular. The PIIGS now have a chance to pull down the entire continent's economy with their weak economies and profligate spending, whereas before their destruction would've been contained within their own borders.

Now German and French citizens (as well as the other productive members of the EU) are being punished by a system that was, at its heart, originally set up to shackle the economic powerhouse of Germany to her weaker southern neighbors and force them to work with the French. It's almost like someone wanted to set the stage for the next war.
PIIGS... oooooh, I see what you did there; very well played indeed.

(you left out Cyprus, but the Ruuskies should be the ones to bail them out)

There won't be a war (soon) but there will be plenty of blame. America will almost certainly double-dip, and that will drag down more of the borderline-stable European countries. Though the UK has already been having dress rehearsals for future rioting; that's one more obstacle removed. China will be the big wild card because they also have considerable debt and... wait, what was the topic? Uh oh.

OT: So, in Homefront: Apocalypse, can I expect to fall through the aircraft carrier at a climactic moment? It's on my list of things to expect from Crytek.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
CrystalShadow said:
thePyro_13 said:
The_Emperor said:
I find the whole premise of the game pretty ridiculous anyway, I wouldn't touch it with a stick.

America is obsessed with getting invaded it seems, by aliens, by Germans, by Russians, by Koreans

I'm waiting for the one about the Chinese Communist Nazi Aliens

No offense but there are a heck of a lot of games out there about America being invaded by this that or the other.

It's as if Red Dawn was mandatory viewing for games designers.

and btw Crytek are GERMAN not European, Germany is a sovereign state, Europe is not. Europe is a continent made up of smaller Sovereign nations.

I know America is big but you wouldn't like it if you kept getting lumped in with the Canadians and Mexicans. "oh tacos? that's North American food" you dig? :p
I agree with everything you said, except those last two sentences. If you don't like being lumped in with the rest of your continent, then come to Australia, we don't have to share! :D
Lol. You do realise the Australian states used to be independent colonies/countries right? Same goes for the states that make up the united states of America.

And while I suspect national pride has a long way to go yet before anyone will admit it, the European union is looking more and more like a single entity...
My point is that we have the whole continent to ourselves. No one else does. What does the U.S. have to do with that, you don't own your own content, you share with Canada and Mexico. Even the European union doesn't cover the whole of Europe.

I don't see how the history of Australia or the U.S. effects this. Besides, it was a throwaway joke. Don't read too much into it.

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
JochemDude said:
It isn't hard to improve on garbage so yeah go right ahead.
I agree. I got this game as part of a cheap 49 buck THQ pack on the steam summer sale and played it for a bit. Garbage might be a little bit too strong, but it was lame. Really lame actually.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Crysis can't take over Homefront? How can you possibly get a "cry" in that itle? You can't do it! D:

Homecry? Cryfront? Inconceivable!

(We get it Crysis guys, you really like that Cry Engine. You don't have to put it in everything. It's not cute anymore.)

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Considering the sequel was originaly meant to be set in London, I don't really see any point in what you're saying.

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
twistedmic said:
Raithnor said:
My biggest problem with the whole premise is the fact the North Koreans can barely feed their own people. The only way they could do that is if space aliens decided to sell the super-advanced weaponry for lulz.
I heard that complaint (or one similar) quite often when the game firs came out. But what many people didn't seem to remember or even realize was that it wasn't North Korea that invaded and occupied America. It was a United Korea. True, North Korea alone most likely wouldn't pose a threat, but with the added land and resources it is at least plausible that a United Korea could become a super-power, or at least a decent player in the world military game.

And I would like to see a Homefront sequel, either from an American point of view, a European point of view or a mix of the two (similar to how World at War was done).
So that presupposes that North and South Korea reunited and South Korea just decided to let the North run everything... That makes even less sense, except if the South Koreans had a secret, simmering hatred of the US.

Having Europe invade an occupied America does sound like an interesting premise though. Here's hoping it's not a copypasta of the first game with some Crytek tweaks.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
thePyro_13 said:
CrystalShadow said:
thePyro_13 said:
The_Emperor said:
I find the whole premise of the game pretty ridiculous anyway, I wouldn't touch it with a stick.

America is obsessed with getting invaded it seems, by aliens, by Germans, by Russians, by Koreans

I'm waiting for the one about the Chinese Communist Nazi Aliens

No offense but there are a heck of a lot of games out there about America being invaded by this that or the other.

It's as if Red Dawn was mandatory viewing for games designers.

and btw Crytek are GERMAN not European, Germany is a sovereign state, Europe is not. Europe is a continent made up of smaller Sovereign nations.

I know America is big but you wouldn't like it if you kept getting lumped in with the Canadians and Mexicans. "oh tacos? that's North American food" you dig? :p
I agree with everything you said, except those last two sentences. If you don't like being lumped in with the rest of your continent, then come to Australia, we don't have to share! :D
Lol. You do realise the Australian states used to be independent colonies/countries right? Same goes for the states that make up the united states of America.

And while I suspect national pride has a long way to go yet before anyone will admit it, the European union is looking more and more like a single entity...
My point is that we have the whole continent to ourselves. No one else does. What does the U.S. have to do with that, you don't own your own content, you share with Canada and Mexico. Even the European union doesn't cover the whole of Europe.

I don't see how the history of Australia or the U.S. effects this. Besides, it was a throwaway joke. Don't read too much into it.
Eh... Alright. I wasn't exactly being serious either. And you're right about the continent thing. The north american continent contains at least 3 countries, and uh... Europe and China are on the same continent... (Along with at least a dozen other non-EU countries)

Being an island all to yourself probably also goes some way to explaining why the UK is frequently so reluctant to fully participate in the EU. XD