Crytek: There Isn't Enough Interest in TimeSplitters 4

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
It is in this situation that I am always tripped up. Should I shoot myself for living in a world where this is allowed to happen? Or should I shoot Yerli because he's stupid and I hate him?

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Grey Carter said:
"I tested through my official blog to see how big the TimeSplitters community is, and while the volume of responses was quite high, we feel it's not high enough yet,"
Haha, wow, I bet all the TimeSplitter fans feel like failures. "Good job kid, you did really well, but I'm sorry but you didn't do well enough".

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
GODDAMN STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND MAKE MY DAMN GAME. SAME GOES TO LUCASARTS REGARDING BF3.
Stupid game companies not making games I want to buy! grrr....

My captcha is hot dog roll. that doesn't sound like a bad idea, thanks captcha!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Issurru" post="7.384414.15247248 said:
How does one exactly "test" through his blog and expect to get real results? I never heard of anything like that, seems pretty stupid to me. Why not just do a announcement of "hey if you like timesplitters, do x" where x could be certain things like going to a website for timesplitters or some such.

You know, this test is kinda the equivalent of shouting out of a window asking if people are interested.

I'm not a big fan of the series, but I really think it would have been worth a try.

TheKaduflyerSystem

Feb 15, 2011
If TS4 has to go F2P (yay acronyms) to exist then so be it, any way I can relive the brilliant memories of me and my Dad fighting off hordes of Robofish with a silly gun, like the electrotool. And there are a LOT of opportunities for F2P in Timesplitters, all of the character unlocks and guns and music and levels...

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Lots of people want another timesplitters game, but nobody expects any Timesplitters 5 to be another timesplitters game. People are paranoid it will be COD with time travel cos that's what FPS are now.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Trishbot said:
I've never even played Timesplitters and at this point I want the game to exist so I can see what all the fuss was about.
Same, I was vaguely interested and heard great things about it back when 3 was new, but I wasn't into fps games at all back then, I only really got into them this generation because BioShock is fucking awesome. Also, that's all there really is now...

Anyway: HD collection, marketing, hype, you're a fucking EA dev surely you can just throw money at the problem from the giant money palace's money trees?

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
WE DEMAND IT.
There's probably enough dedicated fans to make them break even.
I will buy an HD collection. I will buy the collector's edition.
I will buy ACTION FIGURES.

I JUST WANT IT.

You can sound perfectly imrpessive if you go "From the creators of Goldeneye (the first one that was awesome), powered by the technology behind Crysis".

We need this to show the industry unserious shooters can be good. Duke Nukem failed. You have to succeed.
My only worry is about the mentioned difference. Even if it is a retail release, it would be different because of the time passed and the fact not all of Free Radical moved to Crytek. We'd probably have ironsights and a jump button. Ew.

At least make the HD collection to test the waters. We'll all buy it, and we'll make our friends do it aswell. Much less risk than a full game out of nowhere, and we're all begging to play the games on our fresh controllers.

EDIT: No wonder there's not enough interest. I CAN'T EVEN FIND HIS BLOG.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Trishbot said:
I've never even played Timesplitters and at this point I want the game to exist so I can see what all the fuss was about.
Boudica said:
Outside of this website, I've never even heard of the game.
SkarKrow said:
Same, I was vaguely interested and heard great things about it back when 3 was new, but I wasn't into fps games at all back then, I only really got into them this generation because BioShock is fucking awesome. Also, that's all there really is now...

Anyway: HD collection, marketing, hype, you're a fucking EA dev surely you can just throw money at the problem from the giant money palace's money trees?
You people, go buy TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
It's dirt cheap where I am.
It's available for Gamecube, PS2 and the original Xbox.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Grey Carter said:
"I tested through my official blog to see how big the TimeSplitters community is, and while the volume of responses was quite high, we feel it's not high enough yet,"
Maybe Timesplitters fans such as myself would have shown more interest if anyone knew or cared that this guy had a blog.

I'm with the earlier suggestion of an HD collection though. If you want to gauge interest, then do that. I'd actually love that since I missed out on Timesplitters 2 and 3 at the time. I played them both at friends but didn't get around to picking them up at the time. Stick them in an HD collection, maybe add online multiplayer for at least one of them, and see how much money rolls in.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
[quote="Palademon" post="7.384414.15248718"
You people, go buy TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
It's dirt cheap where I am.
It's available for Gamecube, PS2 and the original Xbox.[/quote]

I have two of those and shall look for it next I hunt a retro game down.

GCN or PS2 version better?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Loved the Timesplitter games. Especailly if your some one that needs to shoot at gingerbread men or kill space men with a monkey. No other game has as much imagination in level design and character design as Timesplitters had.

So, instead of voicing who wants it on your site, branch out a bit. Poll on here or Kotaku or IGN or other big computer game sites. What about a demo on LIVE/PSN or Wii to see what people think? What about a re release of the last game?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Isn't enough interest? How much more interest can a game involving aliens, monkeys, zombies, robots and girls in tight hot pants generate? Bring it back already, R One Oh Seven must ride again.

SycoMantis91 said:
I'll tell you what TimeSplitters 4 has more interest than... CRYSIS 3
Agreed. Cortez > Prophet, or whatever his name was in the second one.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Oh come on Crytek are you that bad at marketing, if the interest isn't there yet then you bloody well make it.
A whole bunch more people would be begging for this game if it was ever marketed on a bigger scale, hell even I didn't know about it until a couple of years ago.

You could always do a kickstarter :p

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Not enough interest?

Clearly they aren't looking hard enough. Just because one blog doesn't get enough interest doesn't mean there arn't many more looking forward to the game.

Infact, I've seen more people talk about Timesplitters 4 on Facebook (and I was surprised by some friends who I wouldn't have considered big gamers) this week than I saw for any other game in recent memory.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
The Last Nomad said:
Not enough interest?

Clearly they aren't looking hard enough. Just because one blog doesn't get enough interest doesn't mean there arn't many more looking forward to the game.

Infact, I've seen more people talk about Timesplitters 4 on Facebook (and I was surprised by some friends who I wouldn't have considered big gamers) this week than I saw for any other game in recent memory.
I've found that Timesplitters is a game that is almost universally loved by all, even none gamers seem to love it. Everyone I showed the games to bought it, and you couldn't go a friends house without a multi-adaptor and a spare controller because everyone would want to 4 player split screen.