CS:GO Pro Hopes Cyberpunk: 2077 Dies Within a Month

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Has to be the most vile thing I’ve heard in a while

Here’s a thought: If he hates single player games so much, then why even bother steaming them? Ohhh because he wants that boost in $tream traffic that another typical week in CS:GO won’t bring in. But will anyone care since most who’d follow him probably hate SP games too?

Who would’ve thought a single player game could generate so much contempt.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Here’s a thought: If he hates single player games so much, then why even bother steaming them? Ohhh because he wants that boost in $tream traffic that another typical week in CS:GO won’t bring in. But will anyone care since most who’d follow him probably hate SP games too?

A greedy bastard like that's not even worth the attention. I did not even know this guy existed until you brought up this article. you can be miserable all he wants, but cyberpunk is going to make its money regardless. I have no interest nor hype for it and want nothing to do with it, but I don't want to see it burn to the ground and cause a bunch of despair for people who want to play it or enjoy it reasonably.

Last edited:

DJShaddycat

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
United States
Ahahaha, Shroud said that?
Anyone who has a problem with single player titles can get fucked.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
So pointless but sometimes gamer pitiness never stops being funny. Like I am reading this tagline thinking CyberPunk is a single player experience it doesn't have to worry about population loss like a multiplayer game. That made no sense and was so stupid I had to click and see it for myself.

Bravo.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Who is this cockwit and why should anyone care what he thinks or says?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I love multiplayer games, I legit must have spent upwards of 15000 hours on multiplayer over my lifetime, maybe more.

I do not understand outright disliking all single player games in a blanket way like that. It is absolutely bizarre to me. And it doesn't seem to be something particular about young people or something and growing up with a culture of everything having online, either.

Just utterly baffling.

Reactions: NerfedFalcon

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I think he's worried that it's going to steal viewers away from him.
Even then is it really a major crossover that Cyberpunk will steal views from CSGO. I mean if CSGO survived plenty of other big single player titles how is Cyberpunk the death kneal.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I mean, did anyone actually watch the video, or did you all take the clickbait headline at face value?

The dude sounds like he is excited for the game. He admittedly says he isnt 10/10 excited, but he still wants to actually play it. He just probably wants to complete it once, and then move on. Thats what I would want to do, too.

The quote is that he hopes the hype will die down fairly quickly after launch, so he doesn't have to keep playing this for more than a month - and frankly, neither would I. Streaming is this guy's job, so I would assume that it would be within his best interests to be streaming the latest and greatest, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to spend more than a month doing the same thing, playing the same game. I'd imagine that it would be very difficult to be constantly streaming a singleplayer game, where the scenarios play out exactly the same each time - It must be hard to keep that stuff entertaining. I've never completed a game, and then gone back in for round 2 immediately, let alone ad nauseam for a month, or longer.

So Relax. Hes not shitting on singleplayer games, or hoping the game sucks, so you can stop sharpening your gamer pitchforks. The guy just doesn't want to spend the next month(s) playing the same game. Fair on him.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
mean, did anyone actually watch the video, or did you all take the clickbait headline at face value?
I didn't even know there was a video, because, I didn't bother reading the article. If the guys excited, more power to him. Sucks it was a clickbait article but I'm glad I didn't bother to actually click the link. I do thank you for sending in the video.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I mean, did anyone actually watch the video, or did you all take the clickbait headline at face value?

The dude sounds like he is excited for the game. He admittedly says he isnt 10/10 excited, but he still wants to actually play it. He just probably wants to complete it once, and then move on. Thats what I would want to do, too.

The quote is that he hopes the hype will die down fairly quickly after launch, so he doesn't have to keep playing this for more than a month - and frankly, neither would I. Streaming is this guy's job, so I would assume that it would be within his best interests to be streaming the latest and greatest, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to spend more than a month doing the same thing, playing the same game. I'd imagine that it would be very difficult to be constantly streaming a singleplayer game, where the scenarios play out exactly the same each time - It must be hard to keep that stuff entertaining. I've never completed a game, and then gone back in for round 2 immediately, let alone ad nauseam for a month, or longer.

So Relax. Hes not shitting on singleplayer games, or hoping the game sucks, so you can stop sharpening your gamer pitchforks. The guy just doesn't want to spend the next month(s) playing the same game. Fair on him.
I stand by my previous position.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Shroud plays the most boring, cookie-cutter games. Yes, I am sure Fortnite gets fun after the 201st match.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I legit don't even know who the guy even is. I just manly play fighting games and Jrpgs with the odd action game and Wrpg in there.