Cult of the Lamb

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Yo this game looks sweet.
In a very rare moment for me these days I am allowing the hype train to carry me on board.

The reviews are positive already.

I really liked Nobody Saves the Word and Boyfriend Dungeon and I am just really all about the specific progression loops and vibes those types of games offer: medium length, relatively straight-forward and simple basic mechanics, and simple iterations of progression. It appears Cult of the Lamb might hit that sweet spot.

The game is like... you're a lamb, and you run a cult? It's (lite?) dungeon crawling and some management sim stuff. And it's coming out on all systems. For me it looks like a perfect Switch game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I'm tempted to grab it. I could use a controller game to play during cool off from mouse usage while I'm still working my way through Outriders and Freedom Planet 2 doesn't come out till next month.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This actually caught my eye the other day and looks really really interesting. I might pick it up over the weekend and see if it clicks with me.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Aw man, was hoping to give this try before sleeps tonight but it's only out on the 11th in Australia time šŸ˜”

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
You guys are really ramming those puns, aren't you?

Reactions: meiam

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I mean, so long as no one gets herd, wouldn't ewe agree?

Reactions: Hawki

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Some of these don't fit that well, you're just trying to ram these down our throats after following the trend like a bunch of... lama?

Reactions: Hawki

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Pretty fun, played up to the first boss on stream yesterday.

I am little confused as to the actual format. Like am I unlocking this stuff for this campaign that can presumably end at some point (a la Darkest Dungeon 1) or permanently across multiple runs. Because it seems like an excessive amont of tech tree for 4 dungeons (depending how many get added on that are heretofore unmentioned)

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Pretty fun, played up to the first boss on stream yesterday.

I am little confused as to the actual format. Like am I unlocking this stuff for this campaign that can presumably end at some point (a la Darkest Dungeon 1) or permanently across multiple runs. Because it seems like an excessive amont of tech tree for 4 dungeons (depending how many get added on that are heretofore unmentioned)
I recently got past the first dungeon, and I'm finding that the difficulty curve is ramping up significantly. I went from no deaths, rarely taking damage, to barely hanging on through a lot of individual runs. I think the expectation is depending on your level of ability you'll plow through a portion of the game and then get hard-stopped at which point doing the cult-raising thing becomes a way bigger part of your gameplay, and you start cycling or going back through old dungeons to work up materials, followers, and bonuses.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I recently got past the first dungeon, and I'm finding that the difficulty curve is ramping up significantly. I went from no deaths, rarely taking damage, to barely hanging on through a lot of individual runs. I think the expectation is depending on your level of ability you'll plow through a portion of the game and then get hard-stopped at which point doing the cult-raising thing becomes a way bigger part of your gameplay, and you start cycling or going back through old dungeons to work up materials, followers, and bonuses.
I blew through the first 2 dungeons, the 3rd gave me issues, boss there really ramps up the difficulty too. Haven't tried the 4th dungeon yet, been just kinda messing around and redoing earlier dungeons, which get harder once you beat the boss.