Cuphead is here!

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Real Who Framed Rodger Rabbit vibes. I can't tell if its like Beetlejuice cartoon show levels of whacky and nonsensical, or if its supposed to be Who Framed Rodger Rabbit levels of sex, drugs, murder and torture violent.
Like are we looking at fun and wild adventure, or topless Betty Boop?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nice to see Wayne Brady still getting work.

Curious where they're gonna go with this but the animation looks on point.
People have already been bringing back the Dave Chappelle-Wayne Brady memes.

I'm sure whoever is behind this is got it. We'll just have to wait and see. I know my parents, more so my mom, are going to watch it for Wayne Brady. Even though he's voicing a villain.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The trailer has only been out for two days, and people are already doing memes.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I kinda feel like its more bugs bunny looney tunes and less of the earlier ones that had that weird surrealist bend to them that the game was going for.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Watched 3 episodes and it's entertaining enough so far. Not quite what the game is but they are 12 min long and you could probably watch it with your kids.
I mean, I don't really know what to expect. it's a run and gun shooter with a 1930's cartoon thing going. There's only so much you can do to translate that to screen.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I marathoned all 12 episodes. Great show overall, and I enjoyed most of the filler episodes. The only one I did not care for was episode 11.

Spoilers for the twelfth episode:

The show ends on a cliffhanger, so there is most likely gonna be a Season 2. Odds are that season is going to be when they have no choice, but to make a deal with the devil. The plot of the game is going to be Season 2.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

Having watched a few eps with my kid with weekend(She loved it, btw), it does feel like Cuphead is geared towards the younger set but really that does make sense. The game is basically "Fight a bunch of dudes because Cuphead was being dumb" and it's essentially a 1930's kid cartoon, so yeah. I'm fine with that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Having watched a few eps with my kid with weekend(She loved it, btw), it does feel like Cuphead is geared towards the younger set but really that does make sense. The game is basically "Fight a bunch of dudes because Cuphead was being dumb" and it's essentially a 1930's kid cartoon, so yeah. I'm fine with that.
I don't know why certain sections of gamers are bewildered or surprised by this. They must have already forgotten about TV shows based off of games in the 80s,90s, and early 2000s where a majority of them were meant for kids/teens. They were the target audience at one point. Myself included. Nothing is new here, and nothing has changed. The only difference is that it's more widely accepted now.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I don't know why certain sections of gamers are bewildered or surprised by this. They must have already forgotten about TV shows based off of games in the 80s,90s, and early 2000s where a majority of them were meant for kids/teens. They were the target audience at one point. Myself included. Nothing is new here, and nothing has changed. The only difference is that it's more widely accepted now.
Mario and Zelda were originally targeted at kids. Technically they still are but it has an adult fanbase now. Not contradicting you, just throwing that in there as well.