Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed till November

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Their tweeter annoucement

I really don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I was burned plenty of times before waiting over these delays only for the end products to suck in the end

On the other hand, this is CD Projekt Red we're talking about, and I know they like to perfect their works.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I'm personally glad it's delayed, they should take all the time needed to make sure it's good.

Also my PC is pretty old and by November I'll definitely have a new one so that works a bit better for me, though like Brawlman I'm not really starved for games.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Their tweeter annoucement

I really don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I was burned plenty of times before waiting over these delays only for the end products to suck in the end

On the other hand, this is CD Projekt Red we're talking about, and I know they like to perfect their works.
Perhaps you should ask yourself this question, and I'm genuinely curious as I don't really play CDPR games, since it's basically just The Witcher, and I frankly found that game series boring. But, do they as a company, have a history, of cancelling projects when they delay them? Or do they have a history of still actually publishing their products, but just had a delay for one reason or another? Because if it's the former, then I guess you can feel concerned. But if it's the latter, then it's not really anything different for them right?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The Witcher 3 was also delayed.

I think CD: PR has a solid enough track record that another delay for their biggest game yet is probably worthwhile. Maybe if I get through The Witcher 3 by then and enough of my backlog I’ll actually consider getting their latest at launch.

Reactions: Tireseas

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Good, it was coinciding with the release date of 13 Sentinels which would mean I'd have to postpone getting it if it kept its release date.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
It doesn't really matter. We've seen games release on time that were good or were terrible, and we've seen games released after delays that were good or that were terrible. Without more context it means nothing.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It doesn't really matter. We've seen games release on time that were good or were terrible, and we've seen games released after delays that were good or that were terrible. Without more context it means nothing.

Well they did say the game is done and they were using these last few months to make sure everything is working as well as possible, so chances are it’ll be a better product by then and players will appreciate the end result more.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Oh right this one is coming. Cool, see them then. Not that Im being snarky, it really doesn't bother me when games are delayed. Life will happen either way, so go do something else until then. Not like we have an over-abundance of social commitments these days. Games await

Reactions: Tireseas

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Well they did say the game is done and they were using these last few months to make sure everything is working as well as possible, so chances are it’ll be a better product by then and players will appreciate the end result more.
You assume that they're telling the truth, in a case where the truth may be against their best interests. If the game were "done" it'd be out, to say otherwise is PR spin. CDProjektRed actually has a very small game dev resume, dominated by a single series, which this game is a radical departure from. I do not assume good faith on their part. I do not assume bad faith either. As I said, speculation is pointless. I will go further now and say that speculation is also futile. It won't change the state of the game come November, so I don't see the point in it until something comes up that is truly actionable, like a gameplay stream or trailer.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
It could have something to do with the multiplayer coding, as I don't remember CD Project doing multiplayer before, though now that I mention it I don't even know if the multiplayer will be part of the package or it's own separate thing.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
You assume that they're telling the truth, in a case where the truth may be against their best interests. If the game were "done" it'd be out, to say otherwise is PR spin. CDProjektRed actually has a very small game dev resume, dominated by a single series, which this game is a radical departure from. I do not assume good faith on their part. I do not assume bad faith either. As I said, speculation is pointless. I will go further now and say that speculation is also futile. It won't change the state of the game come November, so I don't see the point in it until something comes up that is truly actionable, like a gameplay stream or trailer.

It’s not “done” because it’s probably still riddled with bugs. Why would they lie about something they willingly admitted to their detriment? They need more time to get the game in a shippable state, because being their biggest game yet they probably had their hands full and then some. If there’s some more critical reason for the holdup I’m sure we’ll find out in due time.

It could have something to do with the multiplayer coding, as I don't remember CD Project doing multiplayer before, though now that I mention it I don't even know if the multiplayer will be part of the package or it's own separate thing.
I read somewhere that multiplayer won’t be added until next year, kinda like Red Dead: Redemption 2. I would also expect at least as many issues as that game had, if not more considering they have much less experience (and $$$) in that arena than Rockstar.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I read somewhere that multiplayer won’t be added until next year, kinda like Red Dead: Redemption 2. I would also expect at least as many issues as that game had, if not more considering they have much less experience (and $$$) in that arena than Rockstar.
I was working when I wrote that and due to that didn't bother investigating, but you're right the multiplayer mode isn't planned for launch, then it's likely mainly bug fixing and finishing up some other loose ends like ironing out some features or maybe discarding something that can't be implemented properly in time, also I decided to see if they have experience with netcode in games and apparently I had forgotten about Gwint some other stuff like Witcher Adventure game, which is better than 0 but still it's turn based games and the scale is completely different.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And the game has been delayed until December 10th. I'll just refer people back to my previous post in this topic for my thoughts on this. If anything, it is hard to imagine just how bad a state the game must be in for a delay to happen just 3 weeks prior to release and just a day after the official twitter officially said there would be no more delays.
This is getting Metal Gear Solid 3 & 5 levels of silly in delays. It is a good thing I have zero interest in this game. The crunch is still bullshit as ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
A delay, three weeks before the supposed release and when the discs are already being printed, is a red flag big enough to make it look like the Soviet Union has returned. At this point I find it more than likely that the game and the development thereof is an unsalvageable mess.

Last edited: