Cyberpunk 2077 to be "Far, Far Bigger" Than The Witcher 3

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Teaser looks like a Luis Royo work in motion. If the final game lives up to this vision, and delivers a world larger than The Witcher 3, I'm all in.

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
Aiddon said:
The only thing I remember from that teaser trailer was that the woman had a strange lack of pants. Then again, CD Project has never been good with women, so I guess it's par for the course.
I concur! Fictional digital women without pants shows a clear bias towards rape culture and is obviously a symptom of the videogametriarchy. When will the U.N. finally take a stand against this and support the human rights of non-existent humans?

This is a tragedy of epic proportions!

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
robinkom said:
Please just let me have a super duper intricate character creator and some assets that reflect the classic art style of Cyberpunk 2020. Or even like the woman in the concept art they showed for the 2077 promo. I want that big 80s hair in-game. <3
Also hoping to see some of the 80's style in character options.
I want a mullet.
No.
A CYBER mullet.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Dr. McD said:
Amaror said:
Hey, just don't stress yourself out with the game. There's no reason to beat these kinds of games all in one go and burn yourself out while trying it. I am a bit similar to you, after about 75 hours I lost my interest in the game a bit. So i just stopped playing for a while and played some MGS 5 and New Vegas instead. Now i have picked the game up again and it's just great fun all over again. And now i have played 95 hours and can't wait for Heart of Stone to release.
I am a completionist with these kinds of games and you just have to accept that you can't finish giant games like this in one go. You'll just get bored from doing similar stuff over and over again and ruin your fun. You just got to play something else instead and come back to the game when you feel like it.
Finally, someone with some common sense. I'm sick of hearing "games are too long". If it's getting too long then go do something else for fucks sake. You don't need to "COMPLETE EVERYTHING WITHIN ZE WEEK!" (this complaint was regarding Call of Duty though, it wouldn't be so bad if when I head it it was regarding the Witcher games instead).

The problem is when someone takes the Bethesda route, world design that doesn't make all that much sense (Fallout 3 immediately comes to mind, with it's not-apocalypse), copy and paste level design (Fallout 3 and Skyrim), fetch quests (Fallout 3 and Skyrim for 99% of the side quests and 95% of the main quests), shitty writing (everything Bethesda has made post-Morrowind) and finally, to complete the repetition, shitty, boring AI and dull, level scaled enemies (so you'll be stuck fighting the same moronic level scaled bandits/raiders for the ENTIRE FUCKING GAME, rather than say, putting specific enemies in specific areas, not just the high level (which to Bethesda means "level 10", as opposed to say "level 20" or "level 30", which are the actual highest levels you'll be at when you complete the game) ones so you have actual fucking enemy variation).
I wonder if this is a side effect of having more and more game developers trying to make video games be "just like the movies". So the story structure lends itself to short runs. And the players are expecting it to be a short thing they could blow through in a night or something.

OT: I'm hesitantly optimistic about this game, as I love me some cyberpunk/shadowrunny stuff. If they can make a massive sandboxy style city sprawl for me to prowl around in, I would be super happy. To be able to just wander around, locate a building/office that looks ripe for hacking, find a nearby junction box to jack into, and deck my way into their mainframe for fun and profit? Hell yes I'm all for that.

I wonder how much diversity we'll have with classes. Will there be Riggers? Deckers? Will everyone be a Street Samurai "because combat"? That's the kind of info I want, not how big the map will be. I mean, yeah, it's cool to think they might have some massive map to explore, but I'd like to know more details about the game and what I can play personally.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
this gives off Prototype vibes for some reason. and i loved that one. this looks like another one to look out for. lets hope its going to be good.

Johnlives said:
The problem with getting bigger is that there are more empty spaces or a repeat of content over and over. I hope for bigger in terms of variety of content rather than just terms of size.

That doesn't mean I'm not got some excitement for this.
the quotes made me thing its going to be bigger in terms of features, choices, ect not in terms of map size. but of course its too early to tell now.

InfinityCubed said:
There comes a point when a game's map is too big. Don't know whether it'll happen here, but I hope it won't.
yes, at the point where it simulates the entire world.

Objectable said:
I wonder if they'll remember that non-white people exist.
depending on the setting they might not exist.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
Li Mu said:
They're going to feel real stupid when 2077 comes around and their vision of the future turns out to be wrong. I bet there wont even be hoverboards in 2077.
I only hope the Fallout guys' prediction of future proves to be wrong come 2077. I mean, it's supposed to be the year the bombs fall.

AgedGrunt

Dec 7, 2011
Since this is the first time I've taken interest, I would have been more impressed if I didn't watch that teaser trailer. Is it supposed to make sense?

Also that bug helmet is ugly and the *weeeee* from activating "goggle vision" was cool... in 2002.

I'll get Witcher III when I can and I'm sure my hopes will improve, but I'm a little surprised at the hype for this. Seems like most people are just banking on the developer and the genre, which sounds fair, because when has a game with so much potential and promise ever failed to live up to impossible levels of hype and excitement of pre-fans?

rgrekejin

Mar 6, 2011
Zhukov said:
Yay?

I know a lot of people are fixated on bigger being better, but there is such a thing as outstaying one's welcome and I for one actually like being able to finish games within six calendar months of starting them.
No kidding. I put 125 hours into Witcher 3, and that's not even obsessive-completionist level. I dunno, maybe I'm just down on it because I don't really like cyberpunk as a genre. I certainly can't imagine myself sinking that many hours into this sort of a game.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Strazdas said:
the quotes made me thing its going to be bigger in terms of features, choices, ect not in terms of map size. but of course its too early to tell now.
Not to mention that "Map size" in and of itself might also be deceptive. Witcher's fantasy world could be larger in length and width, but Cyberpunk's could be a lot denser with apartments and office towers in a very dense urban environment.

OT: As someone who barely heard of the Cyberpunk series before this, my initial views on this were more aligned with Shadowrun (the tabletop game, not the video games of quality ranging from acceptable to deplorable). While I'm sure this game will probably not have the magical elements like shaman, orcs/elves, and presidential dragons, the feel I get from the teaser suggests the neon futurescape I've been looking for in a game.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
What do I need games 'Far bigger' than the witcher 3 for? I never got around to doing everything in fallout new vegas. Many of the individual sidequests in that game were lenghty for my tastes. And I really liked fallout new vegas. These days I hardly get through storydriven games even if they are short.

Perhaps other people have a higher tolerance for such lenghty games but does anybody really see it as a good thing that games feature 400 hours of content. Who is going to play even half of that?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
This game is intriguing to me, and I can't wait to see some gameplay demos, but the size they're talking about has me concerned about filler and stretching out the story. I think that much space should be balanced by good PACING: have enough stuff happen in each area to really get your money's worth.