Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Goes on Transhumanist Rampage

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
UnderGlass said:
Pretty adolescent stuff to be honest and a bit disappointing as far as tone goes. Still, their environment artists deserve a pay-raise. The attention to the details like the 80s influenced color scheme and the spinners made me very very happy. Overall I'm still excited for the game even if I'm pretty neutral on the teaser.
I'm honestly curious about what was adolescent in that trailer?

Edit: OT (forgot this but): Not that I wasn't already interested in the game, but this is a cool teaser. It's deep and works on a couple of levels. The juxtaposition of the action against the slow motion is always effective, IMO. The music was appropriate and it was interesting to see the... what I can only describe as the look of welcome acceptance the events are over, and perhaps the characters pain in what has transpired. It really only makes me a bit more mad that we probably aren't going to see the game this year.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
UnderGlass said:
Pretty adolescent stuff to be honest and a bit disappointing as far as tone goes. Still, their environment artists deserve a pay-raise. The attention to the details like the 80s influenced color scheme and the spinners made me very very happy. Overall I'm still excited for the game even if I'm pretty neutral on the teaser.
Well it's supposed to be at least partially YOUTHFUL (Thus the term "punk") but honestly, what's so sophomoric about it?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
As I said in the thread in the forums-titties and gore, certainly is CD Projekt Red.

Still, I won't say that I'm not interested in this. I just hope that they can get a voice actor for the protagonist who can emote more than a fucking brick made out of potato.
Fucking Geralt, seriously.

Moosejaw

Oct 11, 2010
Looking forward to this. CD Projekt has done a great job on the Witcher, but the thing is I really cannot get into the atmosphere and story of that game, so it's about time they did something else.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Is it me or does the description of the game remind anyone else of Tokyo Gore Police?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Not huge on the trailer, but I people have been saying that the Witcher is a good game around here, and the concept IS interesting (sounds a lot like Binary Domain to be honest, really should get around to playing that game) so maybe I'll give it a crack.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Cognimancer said:
"There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as against all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call 'meatbags.'"
So wait, too many modifications doesn't cause rejection that basically kills you like in Deus Ex, it just causes them to become HK-47?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009

Ahh I love this company. While its just beauty shots, its the aesthetic that is presented that makes it desirable. I trust this company to put together something solid with this IP.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
deth2munkies said:
Cognimancer said:
"There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as against all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call 'meatbags.'"
So wait, too many modifications doesn't cause rejection that basically kills you like in Deus Ex, it just causes them to become HK-47?
I've always assumed that it was the cybernetic implants within the brain that caused people to go wonky.

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
deth2munkies said:
Well, considering the possibly huge amount of wiring and op-chips infused with the nervous system, the notion that the machine part would take over, seems like a viable result.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Zer_ said:
I've always assumed that it was the cybernetic implants within the brain that caused people to go wonky.
In Cyberpunk 2020, you had a "humanity" score, based off of a number of things. Every single bit of cybernetic alteration you made to yourself - and I mean EVERY single one; even a very simple cosmetic alteration dropped your Humanity score by .1 - would reduce that score a bit.

Get low enough, you become cold, distant.
Get to zero, the GM takes your character sheet away from you and your character goes apeshit.

Hopefully, they'll implement that into this game...

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
As I've said elsewhere on the site, I wish there was more content to the trailer, but that's just because I like what I see and hear so much.

Loving where they're going with the story on it too. Could make for some very interesting story/character decisions given the examples already seen in the Witcher games.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Micah Weil said:
Zer_ said:
In Cyberpunk 2020, you had a "humanity" score, based off of a number of things. Every single bit of cybernetic alteration you made to yourself - and I mean EVERY single one; even a very simple cosmetic alteration dropped your Humanity score by .1 - would reduce that score a bit.

Get low enough, you become cold, distant.
Get to zero, the GM takes your character sheet away from you and your character goes apeshit.

Hopefully, they'll implement that into this game...
Hopefully, has Pondsmith is on the team, has a consultant, to check on game mechanic and design, with some luck we will end up with the game most respectful of P&P rules since Infinity engine.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Oooookkkkaayyy....It's a trailer that has no gameplay in it...so of course it's going to look good but.......OMG that was SOOOO cool! I have to keep an eye out for this title. I hope it comes out good cause I'm not really excited for any games right now.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
AxelxGabriel said:
Aw man :( Why Cyberpunk 2020 instead of Shadowrun?
Because Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun Online are already happening?...sooooo moot point?
FFP2 said:
Even though I knew beforehand that this was CG when I first saw the lady's face I thought it was real.

I hope it isn't a PC exclusive...
Shouldn't worry, The Witcher 2 was made with consoles in mind, but it probably won't be on the current generation of consoles. If you are a Sony Fan just pray the PS4 isn't as much a shit to program for as the PS3, otherwise you may be out of luck.

My goodness the 80's had some good RPG stuff didn't it? I just hope that someone develops a decent RPG based on Twilight 2000.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
The soundtrack alone sells this for me.

I guess we'll be playing as the fellow with the funky blue mask.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I think something in my pants just got augmented...

Whelp, this is goin' on teh wish list!

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
The trailer does look like the art of those old rpg books that made no sense... like how this is essentially a scene of an armed squad shooting at a girl WHILE THE GUY THEY HIRED TO KILL HER IS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HER.

Wait what? ._.

Good old 80' rpgs, I swear.