Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Goes on Transhumanist Rampage

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Everything I hear or see about this game makes me want it. This trailer is no exception.
That girl is giving me a Kerrigan vibe, not quite sure why.

Baresark said:
UnderGlass said:
Pretty adolescent stuff to be honest and a bit disappointing as far as tone goes.
I'm honestly curious about what was adolescent in that trailer?
That lady is in her underwear! Thats naughty, only babies do that!

I jest.

r_Chance

Dec 13, 2008
Micah Weil said:
Zer_ said:
I've always assumed that it was the cybernetic implants within the brain that caused people to go wonky.
In Cyberpunk 2020, you had a "humanity" score, based off of a number of things. Every single bit of cybernetic alteration you made to yourself - and I mean EVERY single one; even a very simple cosmetic alteration dropped your Humanity score by .1 - would reduce that score a bit.

Get low enough, you become cold, distant.
Get to zero, the GM takes your character sheet away from you and your character goes apeshit.

Hopefully, they'll implement that into this game...
Exactly. Cyber Punk 2.0.2.0. I loved that game. They have augmentation, cyberpsychosis, the Psycho Squad... I wasn't looking forward to too many games this year. This will, hopefully, be one.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Ok, cyberpunk. Consider me interested. Liking the 80's vibe too.

It'll have to do until someone makes the Ghost In The Shell game of my dreams.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
Hmm. The trailer is too vague and sensationalist to get me truly interested (ohh look naked lady getting shot in slow motion high definition! And she's a robot!). Still, I've heard good things about the Witcher games and after Human Revolution I'm keen for a new cyberpunk game. Looking forward to more info.

Spartan212

Sep 10, 2011
Someone on Reddit transcribed the secret message that flashes around 2:14 in the background (Paragraph 6 is very interesting. Witcher 3, perhaps?):

Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so :) You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo so let's begin!

First of all - have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it's a teaser. We'll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting there are some things you can spot, like implants - look for the weapon hands and the real skin - corporate emblems that should look familiar and more. Happy hunting!

You're probably curious about the release date. It's currently scheduled a way off in 2015 but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever - OK, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Oh - and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our dev team so if you are a talented dude or dudette willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now! [email protected]

So you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen&paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Mmm... We'll tell some more about it soon!

And that's not all that's new. We are about the reveal our other project which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about :) On the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife - what other name could we have chosen for it?

CD Projekt RED Team

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
mad825 said:
"when it's ready"

Oh god, please god no. I beg you god, for fucks sake.
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this immediately upon seeing the "release date." Don't tempt fate, guys.

Zip Loc

Jun 10, 2010
Tarkand said:
The trailer does look like the art of those old rpg books that made no sense... like how this is essentially a scene of an armed squad shooting at a girl WHILE THE GUY THEY HIRED TO KILL HER IS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HER.

Wait what? ._.

Good old 80' rpgs, I swear.
The guy isn't there to kill her, he is part of the police (specifically the MAX-TAC [Maximum Force Tactical Division], or Psycho Squad) and, crazy as this may sound, is trying to recruit her to kill others who take the path she did. Near the end of the trailer, you can see her in the "dropship" with the guy getting the same gear as he does. (You can tell from the facial scar that they zoom in on then zoom out to make for a scene change)

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Best gaming video I've seen in a long time.

I'll check it out when it's ready.

psijac

$20 a year for this message
Nov 20, 2008
Not a fan of the premise. Too many tech augs makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder. Working backwards its goes like this

Too many video games like Call of Duty makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many hours on the internet makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many Comic Books makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many Violent movies makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many dirty dancing (footloose?)makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
This looks awesome. The first witcher had pretty bad and uninteresting gameplay, even if the story and characters seemed better. It wasn't able to keep my attention. However, the witcher 2 was great and they improved on all the areas, so I'm kind of hoping for something as good with this.

DrunkenMonkey

Sep 17, 2012
Anybody think of the Bladerunner chase scene while watching this?

psijac said:
Not a fan of the premise. Too many tech augs makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder. Working backwards its goes like this

Too many video games like Call of Duty makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many hours on the internet makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many Comic Books makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many Violent movies makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many dirty dancing (footloose?)makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
You know the difference between all those things and cybernetics?
They aren't bonded physically into your body.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Well, I definitely know some good uses for an arm blade like that.
Like slicing my bread, cutting my meat, surgery (Well, with arm scalpels at least) or cutting jungle stuff out of the way.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
mad825 said:
"when it's ready"

Oh god, please god no. I beg you god, for fucks sake.
No. I for one want a finished game, not some broken mess just so a deadline-setting moron (in an office chair shuffling papers all day and trying to look impressive) is getting happy over "a job well done". Setting a deadline this early is wrong. have you ever developed a game/program/whatever? because then you would know that there always unexpected difficulties cropping up, which take each more than a day to fix. And because people like deadlines too much some of these things don't get fixed in the first place, because it's not time efficient. The result, of course, is something that barely works.
"but there are updates for that!" - NO. It is good to have a game as unbroken as possible right from the first day on, because otherwise the player's view on the game will get more negative with every crash, gamebreaking bug or unwinnable situation, until all you can think of the game is "oh well, this is crap. let's never look at it again."

Now, that's a bit of an over-the-top description of the problem, but I think it gets the point across.

[there's of course other factors, like the fact that the developer/publisher won't see their money from selling the product as fast, while the devs become more and more of a money sink, but eeeeeeeh......]