Cyberpunk: 2077 VA info details size of game script

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
YAY!!!!!! I am for as long as this thing has been in development, I hope it's detailed as hell. I don't doubt the quality of the writing. Don't let me know CDPR

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
While I love the commitment and the sheer scope of it, I'm wondering just how much of it will be significant?

Let's think back to Witcher 3. The game has Geralt, supporting characters, the villains, and then the NPCs. Just your regular NPCs going about their day, talking about mundane stuff. How many of you stopped and listened to every single one of those banters and dialogs? Yes, it can be an immersive experience that gives life to the game's world, but I personally stopped caring about them on my 3rd, 4th, and 5th playthroughs.

There are also conversation dialogs where we are interacting with other characters. Let me ask you again, does anyone sit and listen to every single one of those words? I don't skip certain cutscenes and dialogs, such as Priscilla's song. Actually, I don't skip at all for any major quests and significant side quests. Anything else just gives me this repetitive feeling of "Omg, witcher! There's a monster we can't handle! Go kill it for money!"

I'm sure CP2077 will give me an even bigger and better experience, but I don't expect every one of those voice lines to have significance to the game's plot

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
That's...nice?

I'd rather have a shorter and tighter experience with a really well written story than a really long game where the story is slapped together drivel because the writer didn't understand that brevity is an important element of good writing.

I'm not sure I need more dialogue than Witcher 3. I need dialogue that is interesting and gets to the point.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, it's nice that we don't have to hear people have conversations about mudcrabs with themselves every two minutes, but maybe this is going a little too far in the other direction?

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Reminds me of how all of Shenmue's characters have their own unique models and names, even the 70 guys you beat up in the final battle. And none of that really matters to 99% of the actual game's runtime. Not that I'm saying Cyberpunk will be another Shenmue, but I guess I can't fully rule out the possibility even at this point.

Probably still getting it.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Good.

Now give me the damned game already.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Eh, it makes sense really, as the setting is a dense urban metropolis no doubt full of NPCs, adverts, various chatty medias, future techno communications, Keanu Reeves, AIs and god knows what else more than happy to waffle away in your direction, as opposed to endless fields and cows and the odd zombie ghost baby. I dont think this should be perceived as an indicator of quality or depth instead of just the natural evolution of setting.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
That's...nice?

I'd rather have a shorter and tighter experience with a really well written story than a really long game where the story is slapped together drivel because the writer didn't understand that brevity is an important element of good writing.

I'm not sure I need more dialogue than Witcher 3. I need dialogue that is interesting and gets to the point.
Agreed. After playing The Witcher 3 a while, I started picking the options that got the characters to shut up faster. Actually, I preferred the story of TW2.