Cyberpunk Shooter Hard Reset Revealed

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Awesome awesome awesome!!!

There is some drooling going on over here right now :)

PC exclusive... Cherry on top ;)

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Wow, now that was an emmotional rollercoaster ride.
First i get stoked with the words cyberpunk (very under used genre, both in games, movies and books imo), then i get punched with shooter (not my favorite genre) sending me plunging towards the ground, then i get stoked up from invoking Blade Runner, plumetting me towards the sky with story potential unseen since Deus Ex, unimpressed (but not put of) with Matrix and left totally clueless with painkiller (never played), and finally hit in the face with the recycled plot of matrix (or possible terminator minus time travel shenanigans).
What started as an exciting headline shooting me into the sky ended up with an article that left me lying in the ditch, unharmed, but somewhat disoriented and unable to know how to feel about this game.

Still, exclusive to PC? Yes please, we get too many console games as is (nothing wrong with consoles, but enforced multi platforming leaves individual platforms strengths under utiliced imo), this game seems like it's worth a second look when closer to launch and more info is available.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
It looks a bit... too serious.

Games like these are usually in a serious need of some blatant "Laugh at this" point, or they get too heavy and any little out of character silliness just destroys the mood.

Even God of War had the whole blatant sexuality thing to break the seriousness in a way that still fit the universe.

nyysjan said:
Wow, now that was an emmotional rollercoaster ride.
First i get stoked with the words cyberpunk (very under used genre, both in games, movies and books imo), then i get punched with shooter (not my favorite genre) sending me plunging towards the ground, then i get stoked up from invoking Blade Runner, plumetting me towards the sky with story potential unseen since Deus Ex, unimpressed (but not put of) with Matrix and left totally clueless with painkiller (never played), and finally hit in the face with the recycled plot of matrix (or possible terminator minus time travel shenanigans).
What started as an exciting headline shooting me into the sky ended up with an article that left me lying in the ditch, unharmed, but somewhat disoriented and unable to know how to feel about this game.

Still, exclusive to PC? Yes please, we get too many console games as is (nothing wrong with consoles, but enforced multi platforming leaves individual platforms strengths under utiliced imo), this game seems like it's worth a second look when closer to launch and more info is available.
OK, fine. Keep it PC exclusive. You just have to promise the console gamers that, if its a good game, you'll help make enough sales for them to make a Console port, OK?

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Harkonnen64 said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Is there anything Poland can't do?
Besides stopping a blitzkrieg?
This made me laugh. Bravo sir.

OT: A PC exclusive game made by the Painkiller, Bulletstorm & The Witcher guys... with a dystopian cyberpunk setting... already set for September 2011?

Sign me the hell up.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
A nice lineup it may be...
But all this attention to 28 seconds of... what did I see?

Let's hold off on any commentary untill I see a bit more. :\

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Hm. Releasing in September, and at a budget price? Color me cautiously optimistic.

That said, they probably should rethink their release date. If Deus Ex delivers even half of what it's promising, anything in the same genre is going to suffer for a while.

Not that I'm complaining. Cyberpunk is my favorite genre, by far... like the user name didn't give that away. ;)

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
If their goal was to get me excited about this game, then this trailer failed.

Show me a trailer with the stunning visuals of a neon-infused Blade Runner world, add in the original weapons and fun game-play of Painkiller, then top it off with the intricate story line and bullet-time mode from The Matrix.

Now that would be a game I'd pre-order.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I think I have another "To Get" title on my list.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
That's not cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is a world that appears peaceful and advanced on the surface but is being slowly worn by insidious tension and strife. If there are huge robots it ain't cyberpunk.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Harkonnen64 said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Is there anything Poland can't do?
Besides stopping a blitzkrieg?
Does laughing at that make me a terrible person?

Anyway, the trailer was a bit underwhelming... Didn't really tell us much... Or anything...

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
i smell yet another onslaught of shovelware coming to the pc exclusively.(ive only seen a few good ones this year)

JustJuust

Mar 31, 2011
Crimson_Dragoon said:
From some of the makers of Painkiller and Bulletstorm - that's pretty cool

Of the Witcher - well that's more than a little interesting

Of...Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Oh. Move along, nothing to see here
Sniper: Ghost Warrior was interesting to say the least... it wasn't just out-right bad
anywho, just because they made it in the past, doesn't mean that a game they're making with other studios will be similar to it

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
POLAND UNITES! Huh, for some reason I thought People Can Fly was from Sweden :/

In all honesty, sounds... interesting. I'm guessing CD Projekt is handling story while the other two do everything else? (Obviously it's a collaborative effort, but just as obviously each studio will probably focus on particular aspects)

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Am I the only one who thought "Hmm, Bezoar, a type of stone found in a goat's stomach that can cure most poisons" when I read the name of the last human city?

Damn Harry Potter.

Anyways, sounds interesting, though I would like the ability to change how I look so I don't look like a generic marine....with brown hair....and grizzled features.....again.

Couldn't my main character look like Ivan Drago? Blonde would be a nice change.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
PC only - it can be a bad sign. Not necessarily, but often that means budget title with shit engine, bad optimization and tons of bugs. Especially in 2011.
Notice: Painkiller came out for PC and Xbox, Bulletstorm for PC, PS3, 360.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Erana said:
OK, fine. Keep it PC exclusive. You just have to promise the console gamers that, if its a good game, you'll help make enough sales for them to make a Console port, OK?
What, isn't the consolization and "streamlining" of Deus Ex enough, must all computer games now have a console version.

The Random One said:
That's not cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is a world that appears peaceful and advanced on the surface but is being slowly worn by insidious tension and strife. If there are huge robots it ain't cyberpunk.
Cyberpunk is not so much about tech level, you can have giant robots, mechs, nano tech, cloning, whatever.
It's more, atleast to me, about the corruption and struggle against the system, blending of man and machine, the explorations of information based society in a world where information is controlled.
But yes, does not really seem that "cyberpunk" to me, sure it might have some cybernetics in the background, maybe even fairly obvious ones, but it's more about the setting and story than just having some specific piece of technology.

Lord_Gremlin said:
PC only - it can be a bad sign. Not necessarily, but often that means budget title with shit engine, bad optimization and tons of bugs. Especially in 2011.
Notice: Painkiller came out for PC and Xbox, Bulletstorm for PC, PS3, 360.
Can be a bad sign, sure, but it can also be a good sign.
Maybe, just maybe (yes, i know i'm taking optimism to completely insane lengths here), the developers have a vision that they want to perfect, and feel the PC is the platform best suited for it.
Probably not, but man can dream.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
I can't wait for all the cock-jokes that will be made about this game's title, but I can tell you one thing right now, someone's going to have a HARD-on when it's released.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Mad Stalin said:
Croatian developers > polish developers
Apart from Croteam what other Croatian studios are worth taking note of?

Also... Ukrainian developers > Croatian developers

... be warned, this site has a lot of GSC Game World (STALKER) and A4 (Metro 2033) fans... even if half of them think both studios are Russian... so you might want to be 'delicate' about how you phrase any rebuttal to that. ;)