D&D IS SATANIC AND WILL MAKE YOU A DRUG ADDICTED SEX CHANGE SEEKING MURDER!!!!!!!

moose_man

Nov 9, 2009
Terminate421 said:
As a catholic, I don't care. Also, if she says that, pokemon might as well be satanic.
There have been those. Next they'll go after RPGs in general. And then video games~ oh wait.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Thurston said:
People I play DnD with: Insurance Clerk, School teacher, proofreader, culinary student, stockboy, janitor, graphic designer, stay-at-home parent, engineer

Use of alcohol: High

Use of MJ: One, rarely.

Sum of Murders: 0

Sum of Jail time: 0

Sex Change Operations: 0

Christians: 2

Repented Christians: 0

High School Completion: 100%

Employment: (not counting stay-at-home parent) 100%

Cheezus CHROIST! 25 years playing DnD, and still waiting for the "hidden dark arts" of ACTUAL MAGIC, ORGIES, AND DEMONIC SUMMONING! How many goddamn Player's Handbooks do I have to buy?
You sir have made my night.

Gothtasical

Apr 15, 2009
not going into the conversation in which in pretty much half of the world smoking weed is common anyway if this true then everything else about games is true so were all potental pyschopaths waiting to happen

narwhalman218

Mar 18, 2010
Im sorry but they are clearly trolling no one thinks that way. You can call me naive but no one could possibly be that stupid.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Because Christianity and D&D are incompatible.

<-- Christian and was (back for 3.5) an RPGA DM.

Stupid people really need to shut the fuck up about D&D.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Oh come on, it's a troll site. Or at least there's a few trolls posting articles on there. Look at this for example:
http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006/05/26/euro-trip-part-1-the-not-so-great-britain.aspx#comments

or this:
http://shelleytherepublican.com/2008/04/21/just-say-no.aspx

blatant as fuck, ED is more subtle...

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Blatant troll who doesn't deserve the attention he/she is getting is a blantant troll who doesn't deserve the attention they're getting.

Ion_Daemon

Oct 22, 2009
Quantum Roberts said:
I guess they weren't Tom Hanks fans.
Cookies for reference.

For the most part I ignore these nutjobs...though it is a little disturbing when I find one of my World Of Darkness game books with a small entry saying that it ISN'T satanism or advocates the dark arts. Thats just a little sad.
And now I have to go watch Spoony's review of Mazes and Monsters again.

Yeah, this hole thing is the same as "video games cause people to shoot people" or "rock and roll will make you like drugs!". Stupid people will always make shit up to fit their world view.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I have been playing D&D since I was 13. Many years later I have only killed one person, tried drugs twice, and had premarital sex 5-7 times.

Turing said:
Actually, roleplaying games probably saved me from a life as a drug-adddict
True story. Nothing like figuring out how to min-max to distract you from drugs.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Ion_Daemon said:
Quantum Roberts said:
I guess they weren't Tom Hanks fans.
Cookies for reference.

For the most part I ignore these nutjobs...though it is a little disturbing when I find one of my World Of Darkness game books with a small entry saying that it ISN'T satanism or advocates the dark arts. Thats just a little sad.
And now I have to go watch Spoony's review of Mazes and Monsters again.

Yeah, this hole thing is the same as "video games cause people to shoot people" or "rock and roll will make you like drugs!". Stupid people will always make shit up to fit their world view.

AND HE WINS THE COOKIES!!

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
Warforger said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Dude, it's a joke site (probably). On their "God's Hit-List" they included Linux users as a group god hated.

I really hope it's a joke though. Some of the stuff on the Gods Hit-List... They were saying things like "Died of cancer, God won!". If that's trolling, it seems too far...
I wouldn't [http://shelleytherepublican.com/2010/05/17/strs-annual-linux-review.aspx] be so sure [http://shelleytherepublican.com/2009/01/28/email-of-the-week-the-linux-handicap.aspx] about that [http://shelleytherepublican.com/2010/08/23/what-the-ignorant-sheeple-think-about-linux.aspx]
Even though this is a troll site, i have heard a few storys of Religious nutjobs going off at Linux users.

Uzbekistan

Dec 17, 2009
Heh, I actually have a funny story to go with that now.

My friend's stepdad played D&D as a kid and was christan. When the neighbors found out, they went to the mom, who was at the time a vice principal for the school he was going to. She said she didn't mind for these reasons:

1. She knew exactally who he was hanging out with and where he was
2. She knew he wasn't spending money on anything illegal, nor was he getting into trouble

But most importantly

3. He was getting better grades and had a better imagination.

I heard this story from him and I wanted to hug his mom.

Daxter343

Dec 9, 2009
Rotflol! I read one of the letters that they received. It mentioned them being backed by a group of lawyers. What lawyer in their right mind would defend these guys?