Daily Drop: Billy the Bass

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Billy the Bass

Two things will survive a nuclear explosion: cockroaches and this singing fish.

Watch Video

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
"<< Prev: Pudding Condom" What happened to the piñata?

And tomorrow's the final drop? *sadface*

EDIT: Never mind. It's been fixed. The link, that is. Not the end of DD :(

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
what?

the next thing after Cinderblock is nuclear bomb?

ever hear of sledge hammers?

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I remember turning on all of them whenever I went into a store with them on just to piss off the staff.
and I am so glad you guys beat the crap out of that stupid fish!
and will there be more drops?
and will they be on FIRE????

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
So sad that your penultimate drop is the only one that manages to withstand the might of the cinderblock. Still, nuclear bomb was fairly full-proof.

Dumb_Joe

Feb 3, 2011
I freakin loled so hard. Oh man more people need to see this! Is the final sigh for real? Is this really the final drop?

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Billy? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Final Daily Drop? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Er, anyway: Sorry to see DD end. Been a good run!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
UK
So I guess it was valid to have that fish to appear in WALL E since it really can survive that long. Also I sad now that this show is going to end (I assuming that the next video is the last one from the look of it).

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
WHY......WON'T.........YOU...........DIE!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And tomorrow is the final drop? Guys (and Katherine ^^), if you don't break out everything in your arsenal, both seen and unseen, and it isn't at least five minutes long, it will not be a proper end.

Thanks for bringing us some hilarious moments, Daily Drop! And also the wonders of owning a high-speed camera!

(Captcha: committed sesolle. You speak and we shall obey, Lord Inglip.)

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
so the A-bomb literally exploded your budget?
maybe do your next show more cost efficient and you won't have to end it so quickly

Slanzinger

Nov 19, 2009
That one was FANTASTIC!

Except...
(the end of daily drop)
Sadface. =(
{On second thought, writing "sadface" and then putting a sad face is pretty extraneous... hey-ho}

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
First drop that survives drops from a ladder, a crowbar, and a cinde block. But did it survive the explosion?

And I'm sad that DD is coming to an end.

loodmoney

Apr 25, 2011
But... there's so much more to be dropped! On a daily basis!

I'm kinda pissed that I only just started to watch this show.

Myrph

Proud owner of a Jamtroller
Oct 27, 2009
This drop was truly awesome. Totally preempted the use of Crowbar and Cinder Block, but did not anticipate the nuclear strike. That was genius.

Kinda bummed that this looks to be the penultimate drop, but if what I hear on the streets (Read: Twitter) is true, they're debuting a new show tomorrow anyway, so that should be awesome!

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Second to last daily drop? Nooooo!

The order should be:

Crowbar.
Cinder block.
Chainsaw.

and if all else fails:

Firecrackers/Fireworks/Dynamite.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
My god that thing was tough!

Tomorrow's the last drop? D:

Say it's ain't so guys, just say it ain't so! *weeps*

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I always suspected those things were designed and built by Satan himself. Now we know.

End of Daily Drop, eh? Shame.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
Lol! Wow that was fun to watch. You could see that the mount had cracked up, but nothing beyond that seemed ruined! I bet it won't sing anymore though..

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
I knew there was more than one reason why those fish were a pox of humanity.

Looking forward to the end of what ended up being a simple but epic series :)

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
You know, I missed those while playing fallout.

Also you can add ducktape and Nokia 1100 cellphones to the survival of the fallout.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
I squeed at cinderblock.

Then I sadded at end of Daily Drop. I didn't watch everyday but it has been nice diversion. (Hope for a second series of DD someday).

Isan

Aug 13, 2008
1) Why wasn't it singing when you dropped it? Slow-mo waving and singing was what I came here for!

2) Wow, those things are well made.

3) You couldn't come up with anything after the cinder block? Sledge Hammers? Chainsaw? Driving over it?

4) Ending DailyDrop on a fail? :(

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
That fish is hilarious!

DD is ending? Why? It's beloved by all! I tune in to see what you guys are up to!

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I loved Paul's look during the second drop, all hands on his hips angry.

Does Not Compute, What - Having fun Alex.

Good job with the crowbar guys. I'm pretty sury Tally didn't do any swinging, but I know she was there, thanks to Light Bulb of the Gods.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
DOES NOT COMPUTE --- SERIOUSLY? --- WHAT

Sad thing is, Big Mouth Billy Bass probably STILL worked after that nuke. >_<

And tomorrow's the series finale? BAW, I'm gonna miss this show...T-T

Tuqui said:
By the way, Tuqui, it's "duct tape". I'm telling you that for your own good. Alex Steacy HATES when people call it "duck tape"....as you'll see in the 5th comment in the thread this links to.

DarkMorford

Jan 31, 2011
Crowbar and cinder block not working? Take a cue from one James Hyneman: "When in doubt, C4."

Nicely done series, LRR! Sad to see the Drop ending, but I'm excited to see what you've come up with next!

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
Mydnyght said:
DOES NOT COMPUTE --- SERIOUSLY? --- WHAT

Sad thing is, Big Mouth Billy Bass probably STILL worked after that nuke. >_<

And tomorrow's the series finale? BAW, I'm gonna miss this show...T-T

Tuqui said:
By the way, Tuqui, it's "duct tape". I'm telling you that for your own good. Alex Steacy HATES when people call it "duck tape"....as you'll see in the 5th comment in the thread this links to.
I know but i have a flunky auto corrector, it fixes things when i stop to think, it's so bothersome :/

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
The fish god has spoken! "I SHALL NOT DIE!"

End of DD!?
In the great words of Yhatzee from his spore review:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Here's a little song I wrote,
Here it is note for note,
Dont Worry,
Be Happy.

Yeah I laughed.

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
Did you really thing no one would notice that it wasn't Graham in the crowbar suit at the end?

Where is Graham?

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Wow... see that's where a sledgehammer would probably come in handy... though that might indeed pose too much of a risk to the wielder and crew...

Shame next week will be the last though...

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Well I guess that's a quite nice bass drop right there.

[SUB]I've been listening to waaay too much dubstep lately >.>[/SUB]

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
How do people even get one of these things?

Do you go out one day and say "I know what I *really* need..."

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
The end?! NOooo..
The show must go on, i need my daily fix of things crashing against the ground! I'LL continue this, I've got loads of stuff in my room!
though it would get expensive...damn.
But the fish didn't die. In the end i felt like they should just torch the thing and be done with it. But a nuclear bomb will suffice, oh well.

unspokenkibbles

Nov 18, 2009
The end of Daily Drop? Noooooooo! I really hope that this gets continued, or, barring that, revived for a second season.

Still, it may be best to end with the Object That Nothing Can Destroy and the destruction of the Drop Zone by nuclear blast. After all, where can one go from there?

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
May 12, 2020
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
I might have thought dropping the cinder block such that its corner struck the bass would have been more efficacious, but 'twas not to be.

End of Daily Drop?? :-( * 10**23 (Avogadro's Sad Face). Still, Graham did mention during Desert Bus for Hope that they'd shot about 150 of them, and we passed that a while ago...

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
Final drop needs to be a Toyota Prius. If they're gonna can one of the best shows here they should do it right. Crane --> Prius --> 100 feet --> concrete.

Shadow-Fox

Nov 11, 2009
seems daily drop has finally met its match.
seems fair to stop before obviously jumping the shark
though i relly would have liked to see another episode the likes of xbox and playsation
suffer, all you auto aim, button masher consoleros XD

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
3 of 3 laughing out louds, two thumbs up, and a bonus inability to breath.

Nice science guys.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
anyone remided of the rock fish/ <£ that one.
DD was always the highlight of my day, except lisa foiles day. i think i may have to go bath the toaster.
Deadlock Radium said:
Well I guess that's a quite nice bass drop right there.

[SUB]I've been listening to waaay too much dubstep lately >.>[/SUB]
you my friend, have got it good. i love the sound of dubstep in the morning. it sounds like victory.

Voiles

Feb 28, 2011
Sad, I am going to miss the show.

It bothered me how they dropped this fish, they never dropped it with it completely upright, that probably would have done the trick.

Doesn't matter anyway.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Would have been amusing if the music over the end credits was that damn fish still singing!

swordz202

Dec 18, 2009
I know call the Mythbusters they can get some C4 for you too blow that thing up with

de5gravity

Apr 18, 2011
Wait, final DD? But whyyyy, it was part of my routine now! Get up, school, DD! You can't do this to us :(
I'll send you items!

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
I half expected to see the camera zoom into the crater, and to see Billy Bass lying there. ;)

stikku

Dec 16, 2009
Damn i bet that fish is still alive,

Daily drop, this is your first fail ...

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
The end of daily drop? Little late for an April Fool's joke, guys... >_>

ChillinMargrave

May 18, 2009
Nooooooooo! Not the final drop! To quote reCAPTCHA

"Panic! Chaos! What is this!?"

Well, at least it was justified with nuclear assault on a mechanical singing fish of +1.INF# durability.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
This is one show I know can continue and whether or not it does because it's never up to us I hope that I can shout with happiness when any of our suggestions are more than even taken into consideration.

I expected the plastic board to be crowbared but it's still surprising that the fish survived all that punishment.

MinionStarwind

Shooby Doo-Wah
Apr 17, 2009
Must be getting too expensive to keep renting the high-speed camera all the time.

Can't wait to see what the last drop will be.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
MinionStarwind said:
Must be getting too expensive to keep renting the high-speed camera all the time.

Can't wait to see what the last drop will be.
They only rented it ONCE, and got very busy over a short period.

Time to find some more items to drop, then rent it again :)

Smerf

May 4, 2011
What??? its ending? WHYYYYYYY? i just really started watching it with the pudding condom, and its so epic..... dont stop making these videos please

Suicideking

Oct 28, 2009
You know you're a redneck when you make your bomb shelter out of all the Big Mouth Billy Bass you received as gifts.

... and to think, that might actually work.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Oh the late nineties and your love of shitty electronic gimmicks. Anyone still have one of those police cop themed cookie jars?

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Damn fish... so tough, it broke the show! :(

I hope you guys can do more of these someday... I'd donate to fund for camera rental/goodwill hunting (yes, that was intentional).

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
they must try to drop something that cant be dropped

they must be running out of possesions to drop if they kept it up they might have to drop things they want to keep.

Dragoon785

Jan 9, 2009
End of Daily drop?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!.

Sigh, but at the same time, that just means more fun shows will pop up. Perhaps even an idea just like the Daily Drop since the show, in my opinion, was a great success.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
Nononono NO NO NO You can't end now! The experiment list went up to 5 digits! You only used three!

Can we at least listen to the mangled Big Mouth Billy Bass try to sing in slow motion as a farewell song?

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
Damn! That annoying fish sure takes a beating. But...

...The end of Daily Drop!? Well...I guess it has to come...But there were some very priceless moments. It's almost too bad that it has to go.

Make sure tomorrow's episode is an epic one!

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
Holy carp that fish is tough! Something tells me it would probably still sing after that cinderblock hit. Did you guys get a cheap one or an expensive one built from Nintendium?

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
NOOOOO! I love this show, its my favorite meaningless physics exercise show....gah! Sooo many more things to drop.....

MADGator

Sep 8, 2010
What a sad sad sad (repeat ad nauseam ) sad sad day to see the end of Daily Drop! Please tell me this is a belated joke for the end of the world that was supposed to begin on Saturday. I'm not positive about the rest of the world, but the Rapture certainly didn't occur here in the U.S.A.

I just recently bought a medieval war hammer. [http://www.coldsteel.com/warhammer.html] I was going to suggest it as the next level beyond cinder block, but I see that it is too late. If the guys (or anyone for that matter) want to send me a high-speed camera, a video camera, editing software, and a box of technical know-how, I promise to post a cool video at least once a week of stuff being smashed to pieces. Seriously, that thing turns soda cans into aluminum pancakes.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Clearly, the Bass is made out of pure AAA-Grade Nintendium. It's the only explanation.

Also: What are the odds that Daily Drop is simply being replaced by, say...weekly drop or something to that effect?

Koshok

Jan 22, 2011
Shame to see Daily Drop end, I've enjoyed the series.

Nice to see it's finishing strong though. Good episode.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
For the final daily drop there is only one possible item to drop: Drop the camera!

Ah but seriously its sad to see another LRR series go.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
If it's going to end, it better be an awesome grand finale.
This really made me want to go Freeman on some salmon, though. Would be awesome.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
would have been funnier if he was singing the whole time, well funny for us, infuriating for those guys

NeoShinGundam

May 2, 2009
Teh Noooes!! I don't want it to end! T_T

Oh well. I guess we'll just have to be content with watching people using giant shredders on things http://www.youtube.com/user/bigshredder

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Nov 14, 2020
Country
Norway
loodmoney said:
But... there's so much more to be dropped! On a daily basis!

I'm kinda pissed that I only just started to watch this show.
Two words: ARCHIVE BINGE!

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Oh wow, look! It's Big Mouth Billy Bass! I remember finding this thing in a store and dying of laughter.
And... oh, it's nigh indestructible! O_O

Also:
So sad Daily Drop's almost over... :(

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
Shouldn't the nuke have been in slow motion?
Great drop and I'm sad to here it will be ending... this was a fun dailey romp into the absurd and educational (I'm planning to build a fallout shelter with old TV's and plastic fish)

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
The end of Daily Drop... what a sad, sad thing. Oh well, I suppose that after 150 drops it's probably time to move onto something else.

Also, I bet the damn thing still sings. I would have loved it if you started playing the song before you hit it, just listen to it go "Don't worry... be happ-*crowbar* GRASH YOG SOGOTH"

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
That there wood 'n fish be made of some good stuff.

But no really:

WHAT? SERIOUSLY? My life was not ready.

Slanzinger

Nov 19, 2009
cymonsgames said:
Did you really thing no one would notice that it wasn't Graham in the crowbar suit at the end?

Where is Graham?
It never was Graham wielding the crowbar, it's been Alex every time. Including this one.

Feb 9, 2011
My grandfather had one of those singing fish things in the living room. They were so creepy when they danced around. o_O

I'm a little sad to hear tomorrow will be the last drop. I hope there's a season two. I really enjoyed this segment.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I would have liked to have seen a large fire cracker inserted in to Billy before we went Nuclear.

I think "as resilient as Billy" should really be an official term and phrase.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
TAKE THAT YOU FISHY BASTARD!

What the.. WHY. WON'T. YOU. DIEEEE?!?!?!

Guys ... you coulda tried making up some homebrew napalm (soap + gasoline, allegedly) and KILLING IT WITH FIREY GEL

Better end to the series: The nuclear bomb, and just stop there ;)

But... aww... now I gotta do something else with my lunchbreaks.

Hazz_11

May 10, 2009
Noooooo where else will I get my fix for slowly falling objects subsequently getting hit by crowbars and/or cinderblock now?????

Maybe a weekly drop????

AvsJoe

May 28, 2009
Wow, that thing's really freaking durable! Hundred bucks says the fish survived the Nuke too.

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
Slanzinger said:
cymonsgames said:

Where is Graham?
It never was Graham wielding the crowbar, it's been Alex every time. Including this one.
You're telling me at 1:26 that's Alex?! That so looks like Graham. [Reviews the TV episode where the crowbar guy got play at 1:21] Huh, I guess you're right.

Slanzinger

Nov 19, 2009
cymonsgames said:
Slanzinger said:
cymonsgames said:

Where is Graham?
You're telling me at 1:26 that's Alex?! That so looks like Graham. [Reviews the TV episode where the crowbar guy got play at 1:21] Huh, I guess you're right.
Actually I think I was ever so slightly wrong - just watched the "behind the scenes" vid, and at least once each apparently Jer and James had wielded the crowbar too. But the stock footage playing with "Crowbar is ready" has definitely been Alex every time.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Dec 15, 2008
This was an epic video, though not the most epic drop. Good way to send out the series!