Daily Drop: Pumpkin Votive

Demodeus

Sep 20, 2010
Is it possible with your equip to make an even slower slomo?
I find the part where the object is breaking into bits most interesting, and with the current speed all you can see is these bits immediately flying every direction physically possible.

The next drop is going to be awesome either way though because its got a pirate flag on it.
No wait, is shattering a pirate flag awesome? hm...

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Very nice!

I must admit, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the preview for tomorrow's though....

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
MowDownJoe said:
Jamash said:
That would have been so much better if the candle was lit (and had been for about 10 minutes), then you would have (possibly) had the candlelight reflected in the shards of glass, a smoke trail and dancing molten wax (possibly turning from a liquid to a solid in slow motion).
It was lit. Didn't you see the light as it fell?
So it was.

On first viewing I thought that was the reflection of the studio lights.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
I'm disappointed in the lack of creepy dolls, and next week won't be a pumpkin :( But other than that still going strong guys :D Can't wait for Friday just so I can see if you have something special lined up!

thorin01

May 15, 2010
Those shards were fun to watch. It's unfortunate the flame could not be seem clearly and it appears that it got snuffed out by a piece of glass early on. But still a great one.

jcm0791

Jul 22, 2009
That worked well!!

So Graham ... how many more daily drops until the highspeed camera is paid for?

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Jamash said:
That would have been so much better if the candle was lit (and had been for about 10 minutes), then you would have (possibly) had the candlelight reflected in the shards of glass, a smoke trail and dancing molten wax (possibly turning from a liquid to a solid in slow motion).
Perhaps that can be saved for Christmas / Thanksgiving / Chanukah /etc season. And instead of one, several. And instead of just falling onto concrete, falling into the center of a circle of candles, so we can observe shrapnel hitting wax and disrupting fire.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Reading that sign on the freight makes me kinda nervous that one of the daily drops is going to be himself >_<