Daily Drop: Sauerkraut

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Oh man. This made me hungry, i love that stuff.
Too bad now it has glass in it...
But still. Now I'm hungry. Gotta go and loot the fridge!

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Madara XIII said:
CrystalShadow said:
Madara XIII said:
CrystalShadow said:
Ugh. That stuff is vile.

When I was little, I found it very difficult to eat without feeling like I was going to be sick.

I like how it kind of just goes splat though. :3
How dare you! Sauerkraut is the greatest thing to simmer in a pan while cooking Beer Brats.

Shame on you for denying this delectable treat!

Seriously, have you actually ever eaten it? XD

To be blunt, Sauerkraut makes me want to throw up.

No other food I have ever had, no matter how bad I thought it tasted provoked that kind of reaction.

So... No. Not going to go near that stuff if I can avoid it.
It's Pickled Cabbage! What's not to love? It's actually good and it tastes like strips of pickle have been placed on my beer brat. YUMMY. :D
What's not to love?? What part of "It makes me want to throw up?" Don't you understand? XD.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Sauerkraut is awesome and that brand in particular is excellent. Got some in my fridge right now; just white cabbage, sea salt and natural flavours. What's not to love?

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
Just the stench of sauerkraut is enough to get my gag-reflex going.

It's the only foodstuff that I've encountered to provoke such an intense feeling of putridness, except for maybe Þorramatur.

WildSeraph

Jan 5, 2011
I say one of these episodes, they should drop something and have it splat all satisfying and cool and whatnot, then deem it a failure and hit it with the crowbar anyway!

I'd laugh.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Brothers and Sisters, we gather here today to honour the passing of a condimentmost delicious. Its glorious life cut short before it even had the chance to grace a hot dog or lowly hamburger. We commend its spirit to the great hot dog vendor in the sky.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Have I mentioned lately just how grateful I am not to be part of LRR's clean-up crew?

Sauerkraut's okay. Good on a reuben. Far less terrifying than kim chee.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
I'm actually in the mood for good Sauerkraut now.

...but where the hell do I get some[footnote]I said GOOD Sauerkraut.[/footnote] here.

Cosplay Horatio said:
Finally, a food most of us more seriously don't mind being smashed upon the drop floor.
...and yet people such as myself...

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Pallindromemordnillap said:
What exactly is sauerkraut? I keep seeing it mentioned in American media, but it doesn't seem to exist in fair Blighty
It's pickled cabbage. If you like pickled foods it's pretty good and it is actually supposed to be quite healthy. Sailors used to eat it to prevent scurvy; it was probably one of the healthier foods in the traditional European diet.

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
I said, A! "A!"
Elle! "ELLE!"
Bee! "BEE!"
You! "YOU!"

Querque~!! "QUERQUE!!"