Daily Mail Voices Concern Over "Ultra-Violent" Modern Warfare 3

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Anyone with even half a brain does not trust the newspapers in England. Half make shit up to scare people and/or pushing political propaganda and the other half are just wrong. that is why I am glad that the BBC is required by law to be unbiased. How Americans can cope with the way news coverage is handled in American I will never know.

Eco_Maiden

Apr 30, 2011
Four points to be made:

1. I am English.

2. The Daily Mail is a newspaper that still thinks Princess Diana is alive.

3. The 7/7 Bombings happened when? 7/7! 5 years ago. I got other it, so should others.

4. IT. IS. A. GAME.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Sparrow said:
Stop. Picking. British. Newspapers. Seriously, the Escapist is always commenting on the stuff the British press says. Our press is ultimately stupid, you're making us all look bad!

That being said, I did intially think much of the same thing when I watched the trailer. It just seemed a little strange that they're specifically target the rail system and the big red London buses considering the attacks.
Just consider it a brake from us talking about what Fox has recently commented on.

RebelliousUno

Jul 15, 2009
At least the comments on the mail's website on the article are from Sensible People. People who realise that its a GAME for over 18s who should know the difference between fiction and reality. If there's a problem with kids playing it, then maybe you should look to either a) stores allowing kids to buy it b) the parents buying it and allowing their kids to play it!.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
How is this any worse than the trailer for [insert action movie here] or [insert disaster film here]? We get it: bad people did bad things to the train system a couple years back. Don't use that as an excuse to demonize anything that happens in England's transit system. Would they have been complaining if that scene happened in New York's subway?

So, where's the complaints about the attacks in New York, anyway?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
By the way, I thought people would like to see their reviews.

Those "reviews"....they stir up so many emotions within me.

Amusement....Pity....Intense Rage towards the ignorance contained within.

Oh and that bit about the 19 year old calling the opening of Call of Duty "worrying"? I'm calling bullshit, that's a damn lie right there says I.

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
Legion said:
It is beginning to irritate me that The Escapist keeps making articles like this, as every time they choose a paper with no credibility and one that all British people know are the kind that blow everything out of proportion. The same goes for when Fox News and other such companies are mentioned.

Can we have some real news please?
I'd take filler news over no news, but yeah it is sort of "We saw this coming" kind of news post.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Y'know I think this is the first time I've ever seen a game described as "Hyper-real"

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
they have to make news where it doesn't otherwise exist, to make money it's their job.
they cant just say ooh, that's not very interesting let's just slack off today and put the 'nothing interesting happened today' banner in your paper / tv / whatever
so they hire extremely sensitive highly opinionated people to argue that everything is bad and we need to improve or it will make life un-liveable.

free publicity for activision tho, like they need it heh.

the whole 7/7 thing, i'd never heard of it, i live 20 miles away really only effects people involved as far as i'm aware

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Oh noes! We have to ban all games that have guns if them because people have been shot to death for atleast 200 years!

Seriously, people who write that stuff have too little to worry about.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
anthony87 said:
Those "reviews"....they stir up so many emotions within me.

Amusement....Pity....Intense Rage towards the ignorance contained within.

Oh and that bit about the 19 year old calling the opening of Call of Duty "worrying"? I'm calling bullshit, that's a damn lie right there says I.
Maybe the "reviewer" raised his boy to be the biggest pansy 19 year old that ever walked the earth, one that would wince at seeing a man get playfully jabbed on the arm and call it pretty violent.

Now excuse me while I hunt down a copy of Four Lions.

Tyson765

Mar 28, 2010
Lord Krunk said:
The entire world turned into a battlefield? Sure, why not. But don't draw parallels with real-life terrorism, because it misses the point that the game is a work of fiction and growing steadily more fictional as time goes by.
Every work of fiction can have parallels drawn to real world events which makes such conclusions by the media fear mongering and stupid.

I mean the famous seer, Whatsisface (Sorry the name really isn't coming to me) wrote a whole bunch of very abstract "prophecies" and when each follower of him goes "SEE? He was right about such and such happening it says here about birds calling man to fall!" and then pointing at 9/11 you can quite easily go and it also could have been the invention of combat planes in world war 1, any airplane crash in history or the dropping of the first atomic weapon on Japan.

The more you live in this world the more you see how gullible and stupid some people can be.

N3vans

Apr 14, 2009
Kiardras said:
No one with more than half a brain cell actually gives any credence to the Daily Fail.
Quoted for truth ^

OT: This 'ultra-realistic' rhetoric bullshit really pisses me off. I've even written essays on it for university. 'Realistic' (as far as games even can be realistic) applies to games like Arma 2 which only a small percentage of gamers actually play, and the media hardly picks up on because games like that are practically simulators and make for boring stories. It would be like saying Microsoft Flight Simulator recreates 9/11. COD is in no way realistic, it just has elements of realism (i.e. real weapons/ locations). A game where you can sprint around a battlefield, knife several people, get shot multiple times, hide for a bit until you're all better then run on is not fucking realistic! The Daily Mail and all who sail in her can piss off and die in a fire for all I care.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Eco_Maiden said:
2. The Daily Mail is a newspaper that still thinks Princess Diana is alive.
Pretty sure you're thinking of the Daily Express there.

Seriously, our tabloid "newspapers" (amongst which I include the Daily Mail) are universally poppycock.