Daily Star Gets Nailed for Made-Up GTA Story

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Root's Guide to the English Papers
The Daily/Sunday Sport - No discernible stance(Male/All classes) : Tits - Every page : Headlines "ELVIS FOUND ON MOON".
The Sun: Politics - Hard Right(Male/Working Class): Tits - Page 3 : Headlines include Fascism, Celebrities, Anti Europe
The Daily Mail - Hard Right(Female (honestly)/Middle Class): Tits - None : Headlines include Racism, Homophobia, Scare Stories, Hating the BBC
The Daily Star - Hard Right(Male/Unemployed): Tits - most pages : Headlines include Scare Stories, Xenophobia
The Independent - Left(Middle Class): Tits - NEVER : Headlines - Grief/Anger/Sorrow/Green
The Times - Right(Upper Class): Tits - Occasionally: Headlines - Stiff Upper Lip, Doom but with proper grammar.
The Financial Times - As above but with more stockmarkets.
The Observer (Sundays Only) - Left(Middles Class): Tits - Occasionally: Headlines : It all depends who's running it at the time.
The Grundiaa - (Guardian - Known for its regular typos) - Left(Upper Class) - Tits: Occasionally - Snooty, self-serving but generally not that biased. Best of a bad bunch.

All weekend supplements are full of celebrity tattle and are generally all as bad as each other.
Sounds about right, from what I've seen. Reminded me of this, as well:
<youtube=Hq5_joo5l5I>

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Deofuta said:
I despise papers like this, drumming up random pointless shit just to get some readers.

Pointless.

Bravo to whoever finally got them to take that stupid thing down.
im pretty sure they dident take it down, just someone else mentioned it wasent true

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
the daily star really was anyone expecting anything else?

the daily star makes the sun look like the daily mail.

mcshed

Nov 9, 2009
The Daily/Sunday Sport - No discernible stance(Male/All classes) : Tits - Every page : Headlines "ELVIS FOUND ON MOON".
The Sun: Politics - Hard Right(Male/Working Class): Tits - Page 3 : Headlines include Fascism, Celebrities, Anti Europe
The Daily Mail - Hard Right(Female (honestly)/Middle Class): Tits - None : Headlines include Racism, Homophobia, Scare Stories, Hating the BBC
The Daily Star - Hard Right(Male/Unemployed): Tits - most pages : Headlines include Scare Stories, Xenophobia
The Independent - Left(Middle Class): Tits - NEVER : Headlines - Grief/Anger/Sorrow/Green
The Times - Right(Upper Class): Tits - Occasionally: Headlines - Stiff Upper Lip, Doom but with proper grammar.
The Observer (Sundays Only) - Left(Middles Class): Tits - Occasionally: Headlines : It all depends who's running it at the time.
The Grundiaa - (Guardian - Known for its regular typos) - Left(Upper Class) - Tits: Occasionally - Snooty, self-serving but generally not that biased. Best of a bad bunch.

All weekend supplements are full of celebrity tattle and are generally all as bad as each other.
Erm The Observer is The Sunday Guardian, and I'm fairly sure main readership for both would be middle class.

saiyanwarrior

Jun 14, 2009
luvd1 said:
Well it'd not like anyone reads the paper anyway. Like the sun you only buy it for the boobs.
*puts hand up* I buy the sun most days, but mostly for the columnists, the boobs do help but I dont think the sun as trasy as it is has ever pulled something as tasteless and direspectful as this, although I could be wrong anyone know of the pulling any similar shit?

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
I would love it so much if this was 4chan's work...

Seriously though, logic must be void at the Daily Star, surely if you were to publish a story you'd have something more to back it up than a picture.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008

The Express - Diana (Female/Diana): Tits - Diana's: Headlines - Diana/Diana/Diana

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Sadly, I imagine their lawyers could call that image a parody and stop Rockstar hauling them over the coals, however I'd love Rockstar to take a few hundred thousand from the Star for such shockingly poor attempts at ...heh...journalism.

Honestly, there should be something in place to stop people just printing outright lies as fact. It's bad enough when something is printed with enough bias to twist the original meaning.

Reminds me of the thing about how Diversity won out over Susan Boyle in the Britain's Got Talent Final, most sensible papers would have given it a quarter of a page in the showbiz section, then the Sun would have gone with 'SuBo loses to Diversity' and then the Daily Mail would have led with 'Gang of black youths beat pensioner, millions of witnesses do nothing'.

I still maintain that the print media see videogames as a rival, who's going to buy a paper full of shit when you can buy an itunes game for a dollar or a sale game on Steam for $2, therefore they have to use fearmongering to turn them into an evil destroyer of children's minds.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
On top of all that, it could be that Raoul Moat only went off on a murder spree, and I believe someone else has gone killing people then himself since then, BECAUSE of the level of media coverage of the taxi driver who killed many people, whose name I already forget because he's a worthless idiot that history needs to ignore, not worship like these papers do.

I'm no better than 'experts' who claim video games cause violence in kids here, but I'll happily state that newspaper coverage of serial killers and nutters with guns cause other people to copycat the crimes. Raoul himself stated that if the media didn't stop lying about him and his family he'd start killing civilians and not only police.

Of course that convinced the media to send more cameras, choppers and reporters to the scene in the hope they can actually get some live murders on film to show after 10pm.

There'd have been raises all over Fleet Street if only they'd got photos of his final bullets actually leaving the back of his skull, the scummy, hate filled vultures that the newspapers are.

I in no way have any sympathy for Raoul Moat or anyone like him but to treat him like a celebrity is just so many kinds of wrong, and then to claim people are going to try to make money off him with a movie and video game ( while they slap him on every front page for a week), is just sick.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Me'h, just about what I expect from the Daily Star. The paper I buy so my puppy as a place to shit which isn't our kitchen floor. Though I guess it's not as bad as "If Stephen Hawkins was British...".

vallorn said:
ah the Left wing press,. thier so stupid!!
Ironically the Daily Star is a hard right newspaper.

Edit: Ninja'd.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
Kiefer13 said:

Sounds about right, from what I've seen. Reminded me of this, as well:
<youtube=Hq5_joo5l5I>
My god, how does anyone in England get the news?

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Daily Star you dun goofed. Seriously though this is definitely going way too far.

Also on a side note they have been making GTA Somalia for a while now I mean hey look at this cover for the game.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Kiefer13 said:
This doesn't surprise me at all. The papers here are all full of sensationalist nonsense and don't let facts get in the way of a scandelous story.
Indeedie - if only Rockstar would get some legal balls and sue the crap out of the Daily Star, and force them to issue a retraction along with taking all the money they made off of this trashing of their name.