Damn you, Minecraft!

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
So, I love Minecraft. I just want to throw this out there! It is a spectacularly intelligent game which works very well as a general concept.

But it just wasted 6, count 'em, 6 hours of my life.

I built a two story house with a basement which had a swimming pool.

I actually didn't notice time going so fast.

This happened anyone else?

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
I've spent 8 hours at a time mining vast piles of the rarest minerals deep inside natural caverns, only to lose it all in a lava floe.

I've rage-faced 13, count-em 13 times because of this.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I deleted it for similar reasons.

Too much other shit to play to be played a time-sink. Even such an amazing one...

Lerxst

Mar 30, 2008
I spent a 12 hour stretch building a sky-walk from my Lava Tower to my main keep... and mining the materials I needed to do it!

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
I've wasted probably a few days of my life to this game. and yes I have had my fair share of getting killed by lava flow after mining about a dozen diamonds.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Canadian Briton said:
I enjoy every moment I have building stuff. No wasted hours here.
I did enjoy every minute of it.
I mean, even without monsters it's fun (I dislike the monsters to be there because I've only just started playing today and tried to fight one which blew up in my face) but I should've done some study today :p

Timmaaaah

Aug 8, 2009
My little brother was completely addicted to it.Pretty sweet idea. Imagine it with awesome graphics and maybe some more weapons. I would play the shit out of that online or off. Heaps of fun I love making the tracks go up to the top of a big ass hill and making a roller coaster

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
You're a bigger man than me if you can enjoy that game.

It's not Minecraft, but Killzone 2 and Dragon Quest V ate up a lot of my time without me noticing.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Timmaaaah said:
My little brother was completely addicted to it.Pretty sweet idea. Imagine it with awesome graphics and maybe some more weapons. I would play the shit out of that online or off. Heaps of fun I love making the tracks go up to the top of a big ass hill and making a roller coaster
One of the things I actually think makes it better is it's mediocre graphics and limited amount of weapons.

I mean, graphics wise, yes, it's not very pretty, but think of it this way, you couldn't apply the same logic (eg: pick massive blocks up and place on top of other massive blocks half the size of you) with a nicer looking game. It'd need to be more refined. At least, that's how I think of it.

Weapons wise, it'd just be too messy to have more.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I kinda stopped playing due to the amount of time it needed. But once I get some free time I'll be back...

Jan 29, 2009
I prefer online with mods, actually. It lets me do what I want, specifically "/item obsidian 64".
I got me an underwater subway system, I do.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
No_Remainders said:
So, I love Minecraft. I just want to throw this out there! It is a spectacularly intelligent game which works very well as a general concept.

But it just wasted 6, count 'em, 6 hours of my life.

I built a two story house with a basement which had a swimming pool.

I actually didn't notice time going so fast.

This happened anyone else?
Not with Minecraft, but with other games? All the time. I once drained a whole 18 hours playing Mass Effect 2, with only minor breaks for snacks and the bathroom.

And I wouldn't consider it a waste of time, as I (and in your case you) clearly gained enjoyment out of it, else time wouldn't have flown by. And I consider any time which you have fun with is not wasted at all.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Anime-Addicted said:
I spent about 9 hours flating the land and makeing a massive staircase to nowhere ^^
Well it could be a stairway to heaven...<.<